We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Missing you guys!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Missing you guys!

Missing the daily chats & the banter..yeah I know its supposed to be a forum for exchanging information but i've enjoyed logging on and now its the end of the season the forum seems quiet :-( Can't wait to return next year :-)

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
733 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Missing you guys!

You really should give this area a once over ,at least one time in your lifetime,even though it's out of season doesn't mean it's Closed completely .If anyone's been here Nov/April ,there's always something going on over the hill in Fethiye as it's a working town. It really is nice in the winter be it a little cooler than summer months. You can stroll the beach and the lagoon without seeing a soul,except the pesky bloke in the kiosk at the carpark entrance to the national park who missis nobody......so give him a wide berth.

Seriously if you enjoy peace and quite,super walks with superb views do come. There's always one or two places open for food and drink down in Olu ,and on cold days they always have a nice open brazier going to warm you up.

I feel sure I'm not the only guy who visits out of season,who else comes I wonder?

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Missing you guys!

I agree Mrtu. My wife and stayed at the Belcekiz Beach Hotel during the last week in April.

It was our first visit to Oludeniz and we were captivated by the beauty of the area and the friendliness of the locals. It was the most blissfully relaxing weeks holiday. The hotel was only a quarter full (first week open in 2013) and we were pampered by the staff as they prepared for the busier weeks to come.

The weather was great (mid to high 20's) sunny everyday, but chilly in the evening (the hotel provided patio heaters at the outdoor plaza bar- it all added to the atmosphere!) Although many bars did not open until May 1st, we did enjoy watching the sunset, with the odd cocktail or two, from the terrace at Help bar. The dolmus service ran regularly to get to Fethiye, Hisonaru etc. Plenty to do and see.

Peaceful strolls along the front, a day at St. Nicholas beach at the lagoon (free entry out of season)- totally deserted apart from 4 of us- so chilled and picturesque. The hotel pool was very cold, but I was able to swim in the lagoon and the sea. Boat trips from the beach uncrowded.

We hope to return next June, when the resort is fully open (and no doubt busier!). It will interesting to see the comparisons to this year's trip.

IanEv

33. Re: Missing you guys!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 03, 2014