We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much to take..

London, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How much to take..

Hi

I would really appreciate an honest opinion! I am going to Olundeniz for 7 days with 6 people.

We have budgeted 1k for food and drink. Is that enough? Getting worried!

Thanks!

Tia

andy0428
Level Contributor
265 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How much to take..

I'd say for 6 adults you'll need at least double, probably be better taking 2000-3000 pounds

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
920 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How much to take..

Teeya & FJ, the Nationwide Account with Nil Commision for withdrawing cash abroad, I understood was a FlexPlus account (You pay a £10 monthly fee for other benefits) and not the ordinary Flex Account.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
17,137 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How much to take..

No, we just have a Flex Account. This has been mentioned and debated for about 3 years now. I did write to Nationwide Head Office a couple of years ago to clarify this and put the reply from them on T.A. Fethiye Forum, In which they stated... There is no charge to draw Sterling when Abroad with a Flex Account. There is a charge to draw any other currency.

We used our card a few times this year to draw Sterling and there where no charges.

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How much to take..

Yes F-J you are right. The Flex Account gives you free withdrawals of Sterling from ATMs abroad. But Angie is also right in that the FlexPlus Account (which I have) gives you free withdrawals in any currency from ATMs outside UK.

As far as the original "How much to take" question is concerned, we got through £1200 between 2 of us in 13 days but we definitely didn't skimp on anything!! We could have got by with less if we'd needed to. D

Birchington, kent...
Level Contributor
373 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How much to take..

Hi

If you do stock up for brekkie etc at the supermarket then I think some will deliver for free? not sure which ones do this, maybe others can help.

Breakfast to cheap and cheerful to eat out, and the English breakfast's we have had have set us up for day, and skipped lunch as it is enough. Sounds like you are staying up in ovacik or Hisaronu, and food is cheaper than OD to eat out, and some great places.

Enjoy, I am sure your budget will be fine,

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
17,137 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: How much to take..

Quite right Dave, However, i was telling the O.P. about the Flex Account and not the Flex Plus which costs an extra £120.00 per year to draw any currrence out. We have the ordinary Flex account and took it out especially to use in Turkey, we just transfer funds from our regular Bank Account into the Flex Account and keep it as a stand by if we need extra cash, as we have a Turkish Bank Account too, so can draw Turkish Lira from that at any time.

I do know there are a couple of other Cards that let you draw Sterling, and perhaps other currencies. I think, from memory, they are one of the Halifax Cards and a Santander Card. I am sure a member will remind us.

As for how much, that is such a difficult question as we are all different, as I said, best to take a card as a back up.

Edited: 2:53 pm, October 22, 2013
Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: How much to take..

F-J - as often, I think, we are on the same page. Yes, the FlexPlus account costs £120-00 per year but the benefits, including Annual Global Travel Insurance for my wife and I (over 65), make it good value for money. The Santander Zero Credit Card gives free ATM and foreign currency purchases. D

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
17,137 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: How much to take..

Glad about that Dave, like us being on the same page. We have a similar account with our Bank where we pay a monthly payment and get lots of benefits as you do. Think it's worth paying that bit extra for all the things you get included, like Travel Insurance. We have used the Insurance in the past, twice now for emergency dental treatment and also a lost watch, both times were paid out, no bother.

London, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: How much to take..

Thank you for all the banking information - I have also passed that onto some very grateful family members!

Yes we are staying in Ovacik/Mugla area. Im going to take another 500 and take my bank card just in case.

We were trying to organise for a maid/cook just to provide breakfast at the villa - as a cost effective option, but trying to find someone from here proved too difficult.

Thanks for all your replies.

T :)

20. Re: How much to take..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 25, 2014