We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish Lira

Malvern, Worcs
1 post
Save Topic
Turkish Lira

Wondering what the local exchange rates are like in Olu Deniz at the moment? Is it better to take sterling and change over there?

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkish Lira

You'll always get a better rate of exchange in Turkey than in the UK.

Merseyside
Level Contributor
434 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkish Lira

We where getting 3.15 last week, just take a small amount with you say £100 then change rest there, we took sterling with us and withdrew from cash machne. Enjoy

Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkish Lira

Went to olu deniz last night and it was 3.08 was 3.15 in fethiye

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,331 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkish Lira

I think from past experience, you get a better rate in the banks in Fethiye, but have to weight that against the bus fare there & back.

So if you do want to change money there, combine it with visit for other reasons, i.e. visit to the market, or shopping.

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turkish Lira

Rates have gone down since Friday. I didn't check with Gladys before we left this morning but elsewhere on the strip you could only get 3.07!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
295 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turkish Lira

Received my Halifax Clarity credit card bill today and it shows I got a rate of 3.20 and 3.21 for transactions 3rd to 10th Sept, no other charges as paid in full which is what you'd do anyway if exchanging with cash. I haven't noticed a rate that high mentioned.

Might be worth considering for next year........

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
920 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turkish Lira

Changed money with Gladys on Tuesday & got 3.15

8. Re: Turkish Lira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 13, 2014