We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
darwen
Level Contributor
333 posts
1 review
Save Topic
All inclusive

Just a word of warning. Returned on Sunday from our yearly Olu Deniz trip. We went all inclusive for the first time.

I would not recommend all inclusive whatsoever, reason being you don't end up saving much more money and you are very restricted, especially in Turkey, as the choice is limited.

You don't get to experience the real Olu/Hisaronu either, half the guests I talked to said they had never heard of ovacik and Hisaronu and id put this down to the all inclusive basis.

I can understand why some people who visit the area on an all inc basis for dont return, because they don't get to experience the real Turkey.

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive

Adam - couldn't agree more with your post above. Thought you might be interested in my review of our holiday last October where I made much the same point about All Inclusive; see this link: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g312737-i9292-k5…

D

Edited: 10:30 am, September 17, 2013
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive

I'm due my third time and go all inclusive each time, , not everyone goes ai to save money I go for my drinks in the day when im around the pool

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,628 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive

I think it you are not going to save money, that it's possible to get drinks around the pool all day at any non- AI Hotel.

andy0428
Level Contributor
257 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive

Don't think I'll ever do all inclusive in turkey just can't see the point, done it in Mexico etc but that's different, there's so much choice in eating out in turkey and the food is still quite cheap

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive

I think it's up to me weather I go ai or not lol

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive

I can see the draw for AI and why it works for some people. When u have kids and they need drinks all day it soon mounts up. Lots of people also like the idea that their food and drink is paid for as it takes the pressure off budget wise as most of their spends are covered. For me personally, I looked at both options and for AI it was £900 extra between 3 of us. I preferred to spend that extra cash choosing where to eat and drink, that's part of the charm in this area, the excellent restaurants & quality of food. Also I have read that the quality of AI in this part of Turkey isn't that great either. In some places AI is of a much higher standard, and necessary as the hotels are more of a resort rather than the smaller hotels you find in Olu.

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclusive

Excellent points writingbug. I particularly agree about the difference between Oludeniz, where the AI hotels are really rather ordinary and try to keep you in house rather than allowing you to enjoy the OD experience, as opposed, for example, to Belek where the admittedly excellent 5 star AI resorts compete only with each other but could be anywhere in the world. OD is OD and can only be OD; that's what makes it special.

Edited: 3:09 pm, September 17, 2013
Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
839 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All inclusive

And only 19 days until I am back DTW

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All inclusive

And 16 for mrs dtw and me, oggy. Looking forward to meeting mission and control and you, as well as the other "usual suspects". Will suggest a neeting date and time at OTFR nearer the time. D

darwen
Level Contributor
333 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: All inclusive

I understand about the drinks part, but Half a lira for bottles water and a couple of drinks of pop and maybe a 2 lira ice cream is hardly breaking the bank.

Plus if its alcohol during the day fair enough, but that spoils the holiday IMO, visit places and experience turkey rather than bothering about a couple of lagers during the day, however each to their own and fair play if you like that.

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz