We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding at blue lagoon

5 posts
Save Topic
Wedding at blue lagoon

We're planning to get married at the blue lagoon in September 2014.

There will be myself and groom, our 3 children aged 13,11 and 17 months when we go. Both sets of parents and 2 other couples so 13 altogether at the moment.

We're at the researching stage and would like any advice regarding accommodation with lots to do for the older kids and Wedding planning (who you'd advise as a wedding planner or if you need one) also which you'd book first (the wedding date or the holiday)

A few I've looked at have transport from your accommodation to the blue lagoon on wedding day but don't state how far they'll transport you so not sure where to look for accommodation.

As there's only a few of us, we thought we'd just book a restaurant for afterwards (suggestions for this also please) so wouldn't need a reception in the package.

As most of us are, we do have a tight budget, so nothing too extravagant, just a beautiful setting and a clean, fun-filled resort

Any help, tips, suggestions and experiences would be gratefully appreciated

Thank you

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
31. Re: Wedding at blue lagoon

Hia,

I got married at Meri hotel on the 6th of september 2012 at 5.30pm.....through oludenizweddings.com. We went out in 2010, met up with Moira and she took us to see different venues, she is very professional and i knew that i wanted to book through them after meeting her, i had complete faith in letting them organise our wedding.

We had our reception at paradise gardens, which has a fantastic setting over looking Olu Deniz, we had around 35+ guests....the company and the staff are fantastic! I highly recommend them, it's a very stress free way of getting married, they pick u the guests and take them back, therefore no hassle for them as well. You have a meeting to discuss flowers, cake etc and then a day trip to sort legal requirements in Antalya. The company that they use for the hair, make-up nails etc are Gold Finger, and again they are brilliant, very professional, friendly and stress free. I had an amazing dy, and wouldn't change anything!! Olu Deniz weddings all the way!!!

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Wedding at blue lagoon

Kazzie, So 5.30 was okay for you, regarding the heat etc? Were you bothered about the sunset photos as I guess you were probably eating when the sun went down. My daughter is just worried that at 6.30 the wedding party will be over all too soon.

Is it that the glare of the sun is just too much earlier in the day? If she was getting married in the UK she would be over the moon to have a sunny day and not worried about the sunset.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
33. Re: Wedding at blue lagoon

hi,

They organised the timings for the day. wedding was at 5.30, then we had time to talk to guests after the wedding and have celebration drinks and pictures. we had pictures on the platform over looking the lagoon whilst the guests were taken back to paradise gardens as we went to the paradise beach for pictures before and during sunset...then we went back for food with the guests at paradise gardens. They plan the timings very well so that people aren't hanging around and it all goes very smoothly. I found it hot until the sun went down. It's something that you will expect getting married abroad...just be wise in what clothing you decide to wear. If you want any other information please ask i'm happy to help :))

Ewloe, United...
Level Contributor
236 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Wedding at blue lagoon

My wedding was the same as yours Kazzie in 2011.... Meri Hotel followed by Paradise Gardens... Fabulous! Going back next year for anniversary holiday! :-)

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
35. Re: Wedding at blue lagoon

When are you going next year? We went back this year and looking to go next year if easy jet flight prices are reasonable :) I love it there :))

Ewloe, United...
Level Contributor
236 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Wedding at blue lagoon

Hi Kazzie...were going back next June...21st!! We actually got married on the 31st May but have delayed our hol next year to guarantee the weather a bit more...we had a few weather scares on days before our wedding...but it all turned out in the end :-).....Love Olu...got engaged there in 2009 too....and had no intention of returning for our wedding but it worked out that way and so glad it did.....Wouldnt hesitate in booking my wedding there again...hoping we can get some of our guests to return next year....so far we are on 6....haha :-)

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
37. Re: Wedding at blue lagoon

Thanks for all the positive reviews on marrying in Oludeniz, which is making me even more excited about my wedding there in June next year. Our ceremony will be on the Blue Lagoon Beach and is organised by Carole.

Unfortunately, I have hit a wall with our reception venue. I have been in contact with Jade Residence earlier in the year and they told us they are available on our date, but they gave us no confirmation of our booking. I have tried emailing them again asking if we need to pay a deposit to secure the booking but no reply at all. That was a few months ago. Should I be worried about it? Or is this very laidback attitude to be expected from hotels/ reception venues in Turkey? Anyone with experience with Jade or can point me in the right direction, would be much appreciated.

Also, I have tried asking Carole but she will not book and organise the reception for us because we have only booked the ceremony with her.

38. Re: Wedding at blue lagoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 10, 2014