We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Trips

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Boat Trips

Hi

I have been reading about boat trips for when we go in June, but cannot seem to find what we are looking for, so wondered if anyone has any suggestions please.

We don't want to go on an all day one, maybe a 3 hour one, and just want to relax and listen to Turkish music and not join in any games!

I know, boring old fxxxx!!

From the information I have read about, it looks like the best bet is to get one from Fethiye but can anyone suggest who to book with or just turn up on the day and look around?

Thanks

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat Trips

Hi

We dropped on a little beauty last year. It was booked through Sky Sports down the main drag in Olu. The boat was called Velim 99 and it was run by husband, wife and their young son. (in fact the boat boat is named after him and the year he was born). It was sooo relaxing , friendly and the food was superb. I'd highly recommend it but I don't know about the 3 hour margin. To be quite honest we didn't want to come back and get off.lol.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,478 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat Trips

If you go down to Fethiye Marina you can stroll along all the boats and look at what is offered, ask questions and then choose the trip that suits you best.

Also, if you would like a taster boat trip, you can catch the water taxi to Calis Beach from Fethiye Marina just outside the Address Restaurant. It's a lovely trip that takes about 40 minutes and costs 5 Lira. Once in Calis take a walk down to the prom have a meal or a drink and then catch the water taxi back, it runs on the hour and half hour.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,806 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat Trips

Hi Dave,

here's a useful post link I done a few years ago, it's only my opinion- but been on quite a few and hopefully a few more this year. I agree the Fethiye departure point (and definitely the best choice of boats) is probably the best but if you can manage it try and do Oludeniz too -as it has it's own positives that I miss when I do the Fethiye trips!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g312737-i9292-k5…

cheshire
Level Contributor
768 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat Trips

Jerry boat . Com 40 lira, email him, but you have to make your way to and from fethiye harbour. Look on his website and reviews you wont be disappointed.

Edited: 2:57 pm, February 28, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat Trips

Tresario - Thanks for that link! Looks much more fun than an ordinary boat trip! Do they let you fish too? What is that thing on the mans hand? Is it a squid? :)

http://www.jerryboat.com/index-3a.html

Edited: 3:48 pm, February 28, 2013
cheshire
Level Contributor
768 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat Trips

The whole trip is a bit educational..jerry will dive and get baby octopus for you to hold, and starfish. You can fish, you can just lie back n chill..stops at some great places, and if you are lucky you get to see dolphins.

Jerrys wife does the cookin, and I think its a maximum of 25 people on board. Drinks are extra. Different kind of boat trip, no loud music, just some easy background music when you stop. Its an amazing day.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat Trips

Thanks for all your replies

Had already looked at jerry boat but that is an all day one by the look of it but like the look of Velim 99 Adey, so will look out for that when we go.

Would like to go to Calis Beach by motor taxi as well, and fancy a trip from OD but a bit worried about getting on and off!!!

Thanks again

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
784 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boat Trips

There are travel agents everywhere in OD. They will sell you boat trips starting at £5 upwards. The trips can start from OD or Fetiyeh. If its from Fetiyeh they will pick you up and drop you off at the hotel.

There are 2 types of boat trips:

(1) Island trip - sailing around the 12 islands stopping for snorkelling and on-board lunch. Some of the boats can be very noisy with music but if you tell the travel agent you can pick a quiet one.

(2) Sunset cruise - where you sail out in the evening and the sun go down - dinner included.

Check out the options when you are there. Obviously there are good travel agents as well as bad ones. Read through this forum to get an idea.

9. Re: Boat Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz