We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping-wife needs a new carpet

UK
7 posts
Save Topic
Shopping-wife needs a new carpet

Hi there all,

I back-packed through Turkey in my single days.

15 years later I am abouit to return with wife and children in tow-staying at Lykia World.

My wife would like to do some shopping!

Can anyone please advise a reputable outlet in Fethiye or nearby for buying good quality, solid colour, high knot-count carpets?

Don't mind paying western-ish tourist prices as long as it's not too much of a mark-up.

Thanks very much everyone.

Can't wait to get back to Turkey-what a beautiful country.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,317 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping-wife needs a new carpet

Go to the old centre of Fethiye, there are several really good carpet shops, and bargain and bargain. Takes a while, you will enjoy several apple teas, bargain more while they open all sorts of carpets for you. Maybe return on another day and you will get a good quality carpet for a good price I assure you.

A good shop is opposite the Megri restaurant in teh middle of the Paspatur where they have their icecream window, if I remember the name I get back here.

Come for a visit to Kaya Koy, yes where it is very beautiful!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping-wife needs a new carpet

You will have no difficulty in finding and purchasing a good quality carpet in Fethiye.

However, you need to think very carefully about the logistics and cost of getting it home.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,317 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping-wife needs a new carpet

I remember the name of the shop, its Seherazad. Don't worry about the logistics they make a very nice small package for you as a handluggage or they ship it for you!

You could mention our name, it will help you a good deal!

UK
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping-wife needs a new carpet

Thank you all very much for your help.

Yes I have been to Kaya-it is very beautiful and interesting.

I will take my family there. Is there a dolmus from Olu Deniz or Fethiye?

Thanks very much again.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,317 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping-wife needs a new carpet

At the moment I am afraid you still have to change dolmus in Hisaronu, but soon there will be a direct opne coming to Kaya! At least let's hope so, it was the case last year, most likely it will come insallah! As the Turks speak...

Hope to see you with your family, down the road to Gemiler you find us on your right hand side. We can give you loads of tips and advice if you like!

ps A taxi is cheaper when you are 4 or 5 together...

6. Re: Shopping-wife needs a new carpet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, August 12, 2009