We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting ephesus

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Billericay, United...
12 posts
Save Topic
visiting ephesus

We are staying in Hisaronu in June and would definitely like to visit Ephesus> What's the best way of doing this as don't want to do an overnight excursion which Thomson are offering?

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visiting ephesus

It's almost 200 miles to Ephesus, not really possible as a day trip. You could take the overnight trip that includes Pamukkale as well, best to book it in the resort.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visiting ephesus

We did the overnight Ephesus & Pammukale with 'Carole & Tayfun' - incredible value as it included entrances, breakfast after pick up then half board at a hotel (described as 3/4* but more like 2*) we also had lunches.

Current price is £47 if booked via their website, how much are Thomsons charging?!

Another operator 'Tiny Akropol' does a similar trip

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visiting ephesus

Other option -- is to do car hire and drive there - It is do-able in a day but thats a very early start and a lot of driving - so really the organised trip is more sensible.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
370 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visiting ephesus

We visited Ephesus, virgin Mary's house and pammukale while holidaying in kusadasi. Both Ephesus and pammukale deserve a full day each IMO and you will find you don't get enough time to do them both justice on organised trips. If I were you I would either hire a car and stay over a couple of nights or visit these places while on holiday from somewhere closer like kusadasi :)

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visiting ephesus

There are other places nearer Fethiye - a good example is Aphrodisias, not as big or spectacular but only about 3 hours drive away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphrodisias

silloth cumbria
Level Contributor
674 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visiting ephesus

Agree with Fraser,visit the places nearby,plenty of history relatively close,Ephesus is a long hike and I would not dream of it in one day.Take th night over deal from one of th travel companies in Hisaronu if your hell bent on going

Dalgety Bay, United...
Level Contributor
781 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visiting ephesus

Are there any trips to Aphrodisias running.It looks interesting to see.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: visiting ephesus

Don - no organised ones, would need to be private or car hire.

For anyone doing it - worth taking in Pumukkale as well as its on the way there but again an overnight stop would be sensible.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
370 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: visiting ephesus

Just want to agree with FF, anyone planning on making the journey to Ephesus should also visit Pamukkale as it's it's equally as impressive.

Edited: 5:36 am, February 11, 2013
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,708 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: visiting ephesus

katestafford06, Rent a car and visit Aphrodisias, Pamukkale and Selcuk/Ephesus, preferably in that order. This should be at least an overnight trip. Here is my very recent trip report for a vist To Ephesus/Aphrodisias/Kusadasi/Selcuk: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k5874…".

good luck,

enigma...