We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lykia world this summer

Alston, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
lykia world this summer

Hi fellow travellers

I am staying at lykia world this summer with my two boys and mother.

We have a 2 bed family room.

Does anyone know the room lay out..???

I will book a private transfer as dont fancy a long transfer but does anyone have any really good tips/advice for a two wk holiday here..??

Thanks everyone

oxford
Level Contributor
174 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lykia world this summer

Hi Nadine

The two bedroom room layout can be seen on the lykiagroup website. It is a V4 category. www.lykiagroup.co.uk. We stayed in one last year and will be again in May. The double room has a door seperating it from the rest of area.

I would recommend Tinyakropol as a good company to book private transfer, we have used them for several years and they are great. Dont book any trips at Lykia, TinyAkropol offer a range of trips at much better prices and you can book them before you go.

Make sure you get out and about, go into Olu Deniz and have dinner at the Buzz Bar. Go to Fethiye, you can get a dolmus from the gates at Lykia or get a taxi into Olu Deniz where there are more frequent dolmus buses.

I would recommend a dinner at Sofra which is a Turkish restaurant in lykia.

You will love the place. The food is outstanding. What time of the year are you going?

Alston, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lykia world this summer

Hi there..

Thanks alot for your reply and info..

We are going in August,last two weeks,we have been to Turkey twice before and love it,never to this area.

I wonder at what time we should book our transfer and trips before we go..?

Do they get fully booked.?

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,768 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lykia world this summer

Hi Nadine,

I also recommend Tinytakropol and although they never get fully booked- if you have your holiday confirmed and booked why not book the transfers anyway, and then you can relax!

Things to do -I always recommend the boat trips- one from Oludeniz itself (from the main beach) and one from nearby Fethiye harbour (usually called 12 islands)

And a jeep safari.

oxford
Level Contributor
174 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lykia world this summer

I think you should book your transfers in the near future and email them nearer the time to confirm. You dont pay to book and pay the taxi driver in sterling for the journey and again on the way back. Not sure about trips, as you are going in August and it will be busy. Maybe April time, I would ask Yuvez at TinyAkropol as he will give you some idea. Just remember it will be very hot when you are there, so trips to Fetihye market should be done really early in the day, that said you may all love the heat and not have any problems with it.We have stayed in this area for the past 4 years and twice at Lykia so any other questions dont hesitate to ask.

Alston, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lykia world this summer

Cheers for replies..

Mega excited for this holiday,there looks like theres so much to do..!!!

Defo wana do jeep safari and take my two boys to mud baths...and no doubt a boat trip.

We all love the heat,allways go away august.

Will book transfers soon....thanks again,and will drop you a mess oxford if something comes up..!!!

Happy holidays.!

Alston, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lykia world this summer

Hi there

Just a quick question regarding the 2 bed room.

In the second room,are they two sofa beds.?

And another sofa bed in another wee room.?

Cheers

oxford
Level Contributor
174 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lykia world this summer

2nd bedroom they are kinda of sofa beds but are very comfortable. My two kids are 13 and 16 and didn't complain about them. There is also a sofa in the main bedroom that possibly could be made into a bed too! If you look at the photos on the trip advisor Lykia World reviews it shows some pictures of both.

Alston, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: lykia world this summer

Thanks again :0)

9. Re: lykia world this summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 08, 2014