We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extra lightweight suitcase!

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,766 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Extra lightweight suitcase!

Thinking of a good Christmas present, well consider purchasing one of these from B&M (no I don't work for them just spotted one in there) they look strong yet only weight around 2.5kilo for the large size- so plenty of weight left for the shoes ladies!

But also consider almost a third (on average) of the stuff you pack doesn't get used.

Edited: 1:52 pm, December 12, 2012
Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
39,384 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Extra lightweight suitcase!

Keefee,

Here is the direct link to Matalan and the Sub 0G Luggage.

http://tinyurl.com/blelrs9

Angie.

Bristol
Level Contributor
333 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Extra lightweight suitcase!

Bobbie, Angie, thanks.

They look just the job.

Will definitely go and see which one I want.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Extra lightweight suitcase!

Keefee I have heard they are very good but when you put the handle down put your belt around the whole case to keep the handle down as they bend quite easy. Hope that makes sense.

bobbie

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Extra lightweight suitcase!

Sub 0 G cases are really good. I've had them for years and their still going strong. Some lovely colours too.

Keefee - Argos sells them too.

Bobbie - I've not had a problem with ours at all. Perhaps not yet, they look flimsy but are in fact very strong. Would recommend.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Extra lightweight suitcase!

Hi Nil7

I havnt experienced it myself I read it on monetsavingexpert and I think I read it on another forum on here. I have been debating whether to get a couple myself.

bobbie

Level Contributor
161 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Extra lightweight suitcase!

Hi Keefee. I bought mine in the summer from Asda and a real bargain at £35 each for the biggest sizes! Yes they are guaranteed for 10years but not guaranteed against damage at airports lol!!

Rainham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Extra lightweight suitcase!

I bought one of these suitcases the year before last and found them to be fragile .

One coach trip to Scotland for Christmas it developed a fault.

My sister bought one at the same time and used hers for the first time on a trip to France ( by car) and the handle came apart.makes me wonder how they cope with being thrown about at an airport .....maybe we were unlucky.......both of us??

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,169 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Extra lightweight suitcase!

I bought 2 aerolite cases last year and they have survived 4 holidays.

They are made of stronger material than the Sub O G but are still very light.

We have just come back from a Christmas holiday and each case only weighed 12kgs and that was with more clothes than I would take on a summer holiday.

The only place I have seen them is in the Clarks shoe shop at retail parks!

Edited: 7:13 am, December 28, 2012
19. Re: Extra lightweight suitcase!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, January 07, 2014