We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Turkish entry rules

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
New Turkish entry rules

From the FCO website

fco.gov.uk/en/…turkey

Entry Requirements - Passport validity & space for visa stamp

You must hold a valid passport to enter Turkey. Your passport must be valid for a minimum period of six months from the date of entry into Turkey and have at least three months validity from the date you are exiting Turkey.

You should ensure that your British passport has a blank page for a visa stamp. If it does not, the Turkish Authorities will issue a one-off “Entry-Exit form” and put your entry-exit stamp on there. You should carry this form with you in Turkey and present it to the border officers, when you leave Turkey.

After 31 December 2012 all foreign (including British) passport holders will be refused entry to Turkey if their passport does not have a blank page for the entry visa and entry/exit stamps.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Turkish entry rules

Thanks for the info FF. Now off to check I have a couple of blank pages for next year!

Leven, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Turkish entry rules

thanks ff :-) i'll have plenty empty pages as have to renew my passport .

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,772 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Turkish entry rules

Thanks FF

I put that on Olu forum and Bodrum forum last night about 11.30,Just logged on and its been removed from both forums,,Very strange i took it from the Marmaris forum and that is still on...

Wendy

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,806 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Turkish entry rules

Thanks FF, I'll bump this post up early next year as a reminder to all.

London, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Turkish entry rules

is it me or does that kind of contradict itself

after the 31st December 2012 will they still issue a one off entry exit visa, if so what's to stop people who have no blank pages in there passport from doing that each trip

if it means that people will have to renew there passports because the Turkish authorities want to stick there visa on a blank page then surely this is a negative for tourism

Edited: 1:17 pm, November 02, 2012
Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
215 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: New Turkish entry rules

Typically the Turkish Foreign Ministry has yet to publish anything on its ever-more-creaky website.

mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-for-foreigners.e…

Given that it's easy to fit 2 visa stamps and the entry and exit stamps on one page, I wonder why they need a whole page?

My theory is that their entry/exit stamps are so illegible half the time (that's based on 50 years of travelling abroad and getting passport stamps), that since the 90/180 day regulation, they are finding it ever more difficult to locate and read the relevant entry when you present the passport at Immigration. Leaving Istanbul a couple of weeks ago the officer took an age to find the right visa (although I had pointed it out to him) and then calculate whether I'd overstayed, which I hadn't.

Anyway, I've just renewed my passport, so no problem there.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Turkish entry rules

The blank one off entry/exit visa is only until the 31st Dec. This website gives more clarification.

www.antalyacentral.com/index.php…

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,806 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Turkish entry rules

So for the frequent traveller it's probably well worth paying a little extra and getting the extra pages (48) instead of the standard 32 page passport. What a bonus for the UK government. I have another 6 years on my passport but will probably need one in three years- simply due to the lack of clear pages.

fco.gov.uk/en/…adding-pages

oxford
Level Contributor
129 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Turkish entry rules

What with pushing up alcohol prices and now this i,m begining to wonder if they want visitors to go to Turkey, goose and golden egg comes to mind!!

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
733 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Turkish entry rules

A you turn springs to mind !

Don't shoot yourself in the foot.

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz