We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time Review

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
First Time Review

Well,

After arriving last Monday to torrential rain and thunderstorms, we weren't in the best mood to start with.

We were staying at the NOA Hotel Oludeniz Resort. After reading some mixed reviews we asked for a room in the 'new block' when we made the booking. When we arrived, we were swiftly checked in, and given a room in the 'old block' The room was nothing to complain about at all like people have been, just basic, but in my opinion you only use it to sleep & shower, so wasn't a problem for us. I must say that the walls are a little thin, and it sounded like the couple next door were having a great time! The maids were in everyday to replace towels etc - couldn't fault anything.

The food was pretty decent. There was a great selection of salads and such, not as much selection of main meals, more of chicken/fish/meatballs every night. The desserts were amazing, had a few two many of those! Towards the end of the week we opted going out for our evening meal as the food became a bit 'same' and we fancied a change, but you definatley wouldn't go hungry or anything like that.

The bar served local beer (Efes) and various wines & local spirits - although the wine wasn't to my taste buds!

The pools were relatively quiet, opted for the main pool most days near the main bar, but did go to the activity pool one day to do some actual swimming. We didn't find any need to go to the adult relax pool, as the pools were quiet anyway.

For the first 3 days, we had thunderstorms and rain, so didn't do much really, just walked about for a bit and watched TV (had all the football which was good for me!) The first day of good weather (Friday I think) we went on the 12 island boat tour, which was £10 I think, which really was value for money as we had a great day, highly recommended. The following day we went to 'Turtle Beach' once again for about £10. This started off with a trip to the mud baths which the OH was really looking forward to. It was surprisingly fun, once you got past the initial smell of the sulphur! After we headed down river to the beach, where we were told that basically the turtles are only there at breeding time, and we wouldn't see anything. We would however see a turtle(s) that were in the bay/river that were regularly fed by the local fisherman - the afternoon was a little drawn out after the mud bath, but was still a good day out - it would be nice to visit in breeding time to perhaps see a turtle.

On the Sunday we took the free shuttle bus to Sun City Beach - we were told that this was the blue lagoon. Once we got there we didn't find it amazing as we thought it would be, so promptly turned round and walked back. In hindsight, I don't think that we actually went to the 'blue lagoon' which said was 250m walk from the beach - our fault really.

We bought a variety of goods from the shops, although some of the clothes/fakes that were in the shops were poor quality; maybe because its the end of the season and all the best have gone?

We walked up and down the beach/strip every day/night and it really is a beautiful place, although a little quiet, probably due to the time of the year. I can imagine in the middle of summer this place buzzing with people everywhere. It was nice to see the shopkeepers/workers not pestering you as you walk about like my previous visits to Turkey (Marmaris)

The only disappointment I had was not doing to paragliding - would have loved to do this, but with the amount of 'good days' we had, we couldn't be fitted in.

All in all I would recommend going to Oludeniz to anyone, no matter what age you are - I certainly would look to going back again.

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,772 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time Review

Thanks for a great review Thomas,enjoyed reading it..

Sorry about the weather the first few days but it still sounds as though you had a fab holiday...Two totaly diferant resorts Oludeniz and Marmaris,we definatly prefer Olu...

You can always do the parragliding next time you go,,I love watching them come down when i am on the beach..

You can now start the countdown to your next trip...

Wendy

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time Review

Great review, Thomas. Thanks for posting.

So, have you caught the OD bug....and would you consider B&B next time, rather than AI?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time Review

Love the bit about the couple next door!

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time Review

Naughy Natty......

5. Re: First Time Review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 15, 2013