We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noise recommendations please!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Noise recommendations please!

Hi all

I had a great holiday to Ovacik/olu deniz in June, staying at Monta Verde with a friend. I'm returning with family in mid October, 3 adults and 3 children.

My question is....I'd like to stay in central Olu Deniz but so far all the hotel options I've been through online have review horror stories about the noise from bars like Help Or Buzz. Don't get me wrong, we won't be going to bed at 9pm, but I know from experience that if the kids can't sleep the hol will be NO fun for anybody ; )

Open to staying in Ovacik too....the montaverde was nice but a bit too close to the call to prayer speaker for our purposes!

Can any help with hotel suggestions?

Thank you

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
349 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Noise recommendations please!

If you stay at the top of the strip the noise won't be a problem . We stayed at Karbel Sun , Karbel hotel . Just ask for a room away from pool bar .

The White Hotel is very quiet as it doesn't have its own bar and far enough away from bars on strip etc . We stayed there in Sept and no problems .

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,785 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Noise recommendations please!

Hi, the only hotels that would hear music form the bars you have mentioned are the Oyster (right next to the Help bar) and maybe the Magic Tulip beach which may get some overspill noise from the Buzz bar.

Quiet hotels include

The Blue Star

Oba

Karbel Beach

Mavi Belce

Unsal

White hotel

Asena beach (to the left of reception)

Montebello

Belcehans

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Noise recommendations please!

The Asena looks a lovely hotel and good reviews. Also, we stayed at Belcehan Deluxe and it was quiet, although there was not a lot of children when were there.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
840 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Noise recommendations please!

Hi have stayed at The Magic Tulip Beach twice and am returning in just over 2 weeks for the third time and you get no noise at all and is 2 minutes from the beach. Added to the fact that the food is lovely and it is very clean all add up to a little gem of a hotel

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
914 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Noise recommendations please!

What about the Ata Lagoon Hotel in OD, I'm staying there next May and have been very picky with regard to noise. It's on a quiet street up from the main dolmus stop, opposite side of the road to the Madras Indian Restaurant. I came upon it by accident when I was there in Sept. Looks lovely, and the reviews are pretty good too.

wales
Level Contributor
810 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Noise recommendations please!

Can highly recommend the Blue Star hotel.

Stayed there in June and September, lovely small quiet hotel. No loud music played during the day at the pool area. Not disturbed at all by the noise from the bars at night.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Noise recommendations please!

Thanks guys, really helpful!

Just need to get the flights booked now. Nearly had heart failure the other night because they'd gone up in price so much. That'll teach me to try and do last minute

Cheers

Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Noise recommendations please!

Just returned from asena hotel, was in block 8 which was in the centre of the complex and it was noisy. I am looking at the Belcehan deluxe or Karbel beach next year as they are in good locations for quietness

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Noise recommendations please!

Belcehan deluxe, quiet and relaxing, great location 50 metres from top of strip.

Ignore any earlier reviews on belcehan deluxe review forum reg: excessive bar noise, the head barman tariq who was responsible, had been sacked early aug:, the week before we arrived.

We had no late bar noise whatsoever.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Noise recommendations please!

We have booked to stay at the Tower this will be our 4th visit to OD and will be our 3rd stay at the Tower its so quiet and you get a good nite sleep it is off the strip at the beginning of the resort.

Edited: 1:12 pm, September 30, 2012