We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doctors - Fever/Diarrhoea

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
17 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Doctors - Fever/Diarrhoea

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend started feeling a bit iffy after a meal on Monday evening and since has been sufferring from tummy cramps/persistant diarrhoea and a high fever. We took it easy yesterday, stayed in the hotel, plenty of water and rest as is recommended but there hasn't been much improvement. We went to a pharmacy on the strip for rehydration tablets/sachets today and they gave us tablets similar to berocca back home so have been on these plus more water and plain bread/crackers today. I'm suspecting food poisoning, unless there's a bug floating about?

My question is, where can i find a doctor should we need advice if the situation doesn't get better? The diarrhoea has improved but fever remains high after almost 48 hours now so i'm a bit concerned!

Also what is the situation where medical advice is concerned - how do we pay etc?!(obviously we have insurance in place) I've been fortunate enough never to have to seek medical attention abroad so haven't a clue what is involved.

Thanks in advance!

Clacton-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
941 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Doctors - Fever/Diarrhoea

good to hear hes feeling better hope all goes well from now on

alan

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Doctors - Fever/Diarrhoea

Hope his fully recovered by now!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
349 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Doctors - Fever/Diarrhoea

Can I ask which restaurant you ate in ?

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
17 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Doctors - Fever/Diarrhoea

Only just got this last message - it was Captain Hooks on the strip. Went after reading the good reviews on here but my partner was given some rather iffy tasting shark instead of the tuna he had actually ordered, ate it not realising until i tasted it and told him it wasn't what he ordered/what it should taste like (he doesn't usually eat fish!). May have just been a coincidence but it's the only night in the space of three we hadn't shared meals and i was perfectly fine!

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Doctors - Fever/Diarrhoea

Funny you should say that. I loved Captain Hooks and have been several times. My aunt and uncle were not impressed with the meal or service though this year. Wonder if it has changed hands?

Edited: 1:53 pm, October 07, 2012
16. Re: Doctors - Fever/Diarrhoea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz