We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oludenniz or Hisaronu

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Oludenniz or Hisaronu

Looking to book next year, but can.t decide which resort, i know one is near the beach and the other " up the hill " we are on a budget and have two 14 year old,s to keep entertained, any advice ?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oludenniz or Hisaronu

Oludeniz is lovely with lots of bars and right by the beach. The other is up the hill so you would need a dolmus to get to the beach. Hisaranou is slightly cheaper. Depends how much you love being by the beach really!

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oludenniz or Hisaronu

100% oludeniz

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
617 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oludenniz or Hisaronu

It is slightly cheaper for food and drinks in Hisaronu compared to Olu Deniz and there are more places to choose from to eat out. It is also more livelier on a night time.

As NattyB said above it depends whether you would rather be at the beach or, if you are not bothered, I would say Hisaronu would suit teenagers more.

We always stay in Ovacik next to Hisaronu and have two teenage grand -children in our group and they love Hisaronu on a night time.

You can always get the dolmus down to the beach whenever you fancy (they run every 5 minutes or so), or, depending where you are staying they sometimes run a courtesy bus to the beach from some hotels.

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oludenniz or Hisaronu

We prefer Hisaronu as it is very slightly cooler and that suits us better just having a little breeze. It's also a great base for going places like Fethiye, Olu Deniz etc. It will be a little cheaper but not a lot, the further from the beach it gets the cheaper it usually becomes so Ovacik will be cheaper again.

There's no problem at all in popping down to OD it couldn't be easier so wherever you decide you can use the other place. I also think Hisaronu is more popular with the younger ones, our Granddaughters loved it, they were staying with mum and dad in Ovacik but came in most nights!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
759 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oludenniz or Hisaronu

Ovacik. Best of both worlds. Bit quieter but within walking distance of Hisaronu or, dolmus distance of Olu Deniz and Fethiye.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,814 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oludenniz or Hisaronu

We always stay at OD but we are a mature couple and OD is beautiful but with you having teenagers i would say Hisaronu would probably be better for you

Edited: 12:49 pm, October 13, 2012
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oludenniz or Hisaronu

We are in Olu now with a teenage daughter, she loves it & we can dip into hisaronu if we want via dolmus. Personally I feel Olu has the edge for me, our daughter made some friends & they walked down to the beach whereas I felt she'd have been tied to the hotel in Hisaronu. Its mostly pedestrianised in Olu & is that bit smaller, but Hisaronu is there for the livelier nights should we want it. X

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,541 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oludenniz or Hisaronu

As someone totally impartial (we have a place in Calis) I like both places for different reasons but. I would pick Olu to stay in. There are lovely shops really nice bars and restaurants and beaches. Hisaronu is great for shopping and nightllife etc.but's it's a town and no beach or no lovely views and it's deserted in the day because everyone is away to the beaches at Oludeniz. If you stay at Olu and want some different night life you can take the dolmus to HIsaronu.

Edited: 3:19 pm, October 13, 2012
Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oludenniz or Hisaronu

Whoa FrancesJ 'no lovely views'? I beg to differ the views of the surrounding fir clad mountains are stunning!! I love the area for that very reason...

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
759 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oludenniz or Hisaronu

Agreed DD, Ovacik/Hisaronu has an almost Alpine feel.

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations