We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foodies heaven!

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,785 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Foodies heaven!

I can only speak for the Oludeniz, Hisaronu, Fethiye and a few experiences at Kalkan- in that the area is fast becoming a foodies heaven.

The quality of both food and service over the last few years -in my humble opinion -is quite superb (at an average of say £10 for a main course). Yes it's always been good but places everywhere seem to be moving up another gear and it's great to see. Yes prices are increasing but with that comes a great dining experience and great food. I had fantastic meals in The Buzz (as usual) Sun cafe (as usual) Help, Seahorse, Blue Star, Jade and also up in Hisaronu at the Kaftas, Peppinos, Shine and Fethiye's Mozaic Bahce. Yes I like to dine well whilst on holiday

So I spotted Jay Rayner on the 12.8.12 (Claire Rayners son) the food writer author for the Observer walking along the front of Oludeniz with a big smile on his face, don't know what he was doing there but I guess he was recommended to go by someone or maybe just doing a food write up for a newspaper. By the way he looks like a 6'2'' hippie and I think he was staying at the Jade. I will add there is still a budget /snack menu in even the top restaurants and in actual fact the steak burgers in Help are simply wonderful as are the pizzas almost everywhere.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
319 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Foodies heaven!

Have to agree with Oggyman - the food at Blue Star is superb!

Haslemere, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Foodies heaven!

Hi, yeah I met Kevin there I think on the 1st of August or thereabouts. He was very polite and introduced me to his wife.

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Foodies heaven!

Thanks for that CF, have added the ones I didn't know about to our list to try in a couple of weeks!!

A great tip from you a couple of years back was the seafood pasta in Buzz - gorgeous - and reasonable too!!

Preston, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Foodies heaven!

He wasn't with his wife

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,785 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Foodies heaven!

Me or Kevin? I was with my wife and funnily enough her name is Eileen.

Edited: 5:21 pm, October 17, 2012
hertfordshire
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Foodies heaven!

CF was that you in Buzz bar yesterday around 1330

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,785 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Foodies heaven!

No Cabby, back in the good old UK since Wednesday. Just booked a few more flights for next year though!

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Foodies heaven!

Shame only first day of festival and it and weather great.

Preston, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
29. Re: Foodies heaven!

Post 22. Kevin Rowland was not with wife when he stayed in olu deniz

30. Re: Foodies heaven!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, December 16, 2013