We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewellers

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Jewellers

Hi were staying at OD in may. Its our third year there.. Four years ago I went to Bitez near bodrum and purchased a gold ring. Anyway when I got back the jewellers here told me it was worthless i think I paid about £150 there.. I was totally put off about buying jewellery abroad. However looking at some places in OD i have been tempted. Im after a something but made of white gold. Does anyone know any good trust worthy Jewellers? Any positive stories?

Cheers Guys... 13 weeks!!!!

Moreton, United...
Level Contributor
366 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewellers

There are some good jewellers in Fethiye old town, and you can have lunch at the Duck Pond restaurant when you're all shopped out.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,563 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewellers

Actually, there is no such think as white gold. All gold is yellow and for "White Gold" the gold is coated in silver. Make sure you haggle at any jeweller and make sure you get a fully documented receipt.

I would recommend a meal at the Mosaic Bahce which is always No.1 in Fethiye. Sorry, I have strong feeling about the duck pond and the way the ducks are treated.

I know there are good recommendation for a Jeweller in Hisaronu, so would recommend you ask at that Forum.

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
733 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewellers

Hi try Ozgold or Elif up on the main street in Hisaronu . Very trustworthy jewellers i have used them for years. Nothing is to much trouble ,they will make up anything you fancy .

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jewellers

White gold is actually pure gold mixed with an silver coloured alloy, (not coated) and yellow gold is pure gold mixed with a yellow alloy.

Do a search on the forums and I'm sure you will find recommendations.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,563 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jewellers

I know people who have white gold rings and take them to the Jeweller in Calis,Turkey to have them re-plated with silver as the yellow coloured gold starts to come through. In fact. I have some liquid silver myself which I acquired through my business and often do friends rings for them when the yellow starts to show through.

Edited: 12:24 pm, February 21, 2012
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
527 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jewellers

Just to clarify things miss Bitez, White gold is not yellow gold coated in silver, it is actually an alloy.

either yellow gold combined with paladium, which is very pliable used in the the design of intricate white gold settings.

Or the yellow gold is often combined with nickel to form an alloy which is especially strong, used for rings which need to be very hard wearing.

Hope this gives you a good understanding of the structures of white gold jewellery. good luck and happy shopping

DUNSTABLE
Level Contributor
279 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jewellers

We have had great service from Royal jewellers in Oludeniz.

They can custom make for you, and don't take any money in advance.

Oludeniz, Turkey
Level Contributor
247 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jewellers

Hi,

My son had his engagement and wedding rings made at " Desire " jewellers in Hisaronu all in white gold. He had them valued at a jewellers when he got back to England and they were worth twice what he had paid for them.

His wife's engagement ring was an exact copy of a "Tiffanys" ring from their catalogue which he had taken with him. Obviously, the diamond was not the same carat as "Tiffanys", but you could not tell the difference.

He went back three years later and they cleaned and polished all the rings free of charge!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jewellers

Thank you redrobbie059 and all.. I will have a good shop. Ive heard good stuff about OZ gold in Hisaronu.. thank you everyone

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jewellers

I bought an engagement ring in UK

but was told the white gold was actually a rhodium coating.....so got them to remove it...how can a woman show off a scratched ring to anybody. If it's gonna be gold but rhodium plated to look like silver then get silver and tell everybody it's white gold! Simples.