We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeep Safari - photo CD

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Jeep Safari - photo CD

Hi

We went on a Jeep Safari, booked with Seahorse Travel, and at the end of the day bought the photo CD which had some great photos of the mud bath etc. When I got home the CD was blank :(. Just wondered if this had happened to anyone else? If so did you ever manage to get the photos?

lincolnshire u
Level Contributor
617 posts
1 review
Save Reply
41. Re: Jeep Safari - photo CD

We have got 2 dvd photo disc's now from our 2 excursions we did this year loads of pics on them and great value and both great quality.Not realy expensive for the memories we have.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
719 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Jeep Safari - photo CD

It depends how many photos there are. On our Jeep Safari, the photographer must have taken 30-40 pics of each person. He wanted 10lira for each person. This is not unreasonable considering that you can pay £3-10 for a single photograph at Alton Towers or Blackpool.

Wales
Level Contributor
86 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Jeep Safari - photo CD

Also... some of the photo's taken by the photographer on the Jeep Safari, are not your typical 'posing for the camera' holiday snaps.

I've been on the Jeep Safari 3 times and have bought the cd each time. Really good quality photo's! And like I said, most of the pictures are brilliant action snaps that are taken un-aware. You wouldn't really get that with your own camera (eg. we had pictures of us rafting down the river at the gorge - the photographer followed us all the way down the river! And pictures of the water fights between the Jeeps throughout the day - those pictures really capture the fun! Not forgetting the pictures at the mud bath, and your attempts at washing the mud off in the freezing river!).

The photographers do a great job - I think £20 is reasonable price to pay for what you get. Looking forward to Jeep Safari this year :)

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
719 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Jeep Safari - photo CD

We did the Jeep Safari with Evergreen and were accompanied by their photographer. At the end of the day we were showed the photos and quoted £20 for a CD of all our pics. There were about 225 photos of us and I would say there about 50 good 'keepers'. So we bought the CD and have liked the photos having looked at them here at home.

However, when we went on the Dalyan trip with Pioneer, the trip was great with an excellent guide and superb food, the photos were a rip-off. The photographer showed us around 30 photos of us, most of them being overexposed, wanting £20. I politely declined the CD but the rest of the people bought the CD; he ended up making about £200-300 anyway. I am afraid this was extremely poor value and Pioneer to need to re-examine their photo prices or get a new photographer.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Jeep Safari - photo CD

Would just like to qualify my original question in this thread. I have read the reply from the photographer asking for respect for his work, and that was not what my original question was about. I BOUGHT the photo CD at whatever price was asked for, although I DID think it was a bit expensive I was happy to pay it because the photos looked great when I was shown them before purchase. What I got was a blank CD and no reply to my e mails requesting help. That was what upset me. It appears from the rest of the thread that other people have not had the same issue - so I assume it to be a mistake. I am not so disappointed about the money but about the loss f the photos :(

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
719 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Jeep Safari - photo CD

Belle, looks like they messed up your CD. They do tend to hurry things burning everyone's CDs. It is possible that the burn process failed and they did not realise that. They should really check each CD after burning.

Did you email them immediately? It may be that they deleted all the photos by the time you got home; they need to keep making space for new trips. If they have deleted them then they should at least apologise and refund the money. I suggest you email both the jeep safari company and the agent you booked with and keep at it until you get a satisfactory answer. Otherwise it may be time for name and shame.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Jeep Safari - photo CD

Koolman don't know if you realised but this post is from 2011:-)

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
719 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Jeep Safari - photo CD

Ah! I would still chase them up and ask for a refund.

Save Reply
49. Re: Jeep Safari - photo CD

Went on a jeep safari today with my two little girls with evergreen erole and Jason were our guides they were great I kept my bag close all day except when water rafting my camera run out of battery as is taken lots of pics of my girls so I raped it in my t shirt and met them at the bottom my camera was stolen out of my bag I don't think the hides took it they were good as gold but all the same this is just wrong sham on this firm to not look out fore a honest family don't leave your possessions alone for a minute spoiled our hole day trip

Save Reply
50. Re: Jeep Safari - photo CD

Went on a jeep safari today with my two little girls with evergreen erole and Jason were our guides they were great I kept my bag close all day except when water rafting my camera run out of battery as is taken lots of pics of my girls so I raped it in my t shirt and met them at the bottom my camera was stolen out of my bag I don't think the hides took it they were good as gold but all the same this is just wrong sham on this firm to not look out fore a honest family don't leave your possessions alone for a minute spoiled our hole day trip