We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for holiday resorts for families

Richmond , surrey
1 post
Save Topic
Recommendations for holiday resorts for families

Been to Lykia World , Hillside Beach in Turkey and Citta Del Mare in Sicily and loved them all - spacious , great food,great fun pools great entetainment at night and fabulous service with lots for the kids to do . Just look at the tripadviser reviews.

Family with 4 adventurous and sports mad children. Looking for somewhere comparable in content but maybe a different country.

any thoughts ?

west sussex, england
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for holiday resorts for families

hi, i would definately recommend staying at the olu deniz resort hotel in turkey. we went there for our wedding and a big group of us went from age 5 to 77 and we all had a fantastic time. there are plenty of thing to do in the hotel and the main resort is a five min stroll with many shops offering really cheap allday adventurous activities. most of the reviews about this hotel are good, dont listen to the bad ones, they are probably from boring people with boring expectations, read my review called wedding bliss! no matter what the age of your children they will have fun. i never worried about my two children aged 5 and 7 they were totally safe running about the complex on there own. the rooms are set in beautiful gardens with swinging chair hammocks dotted about, it was nice getting a drink from the bar and sitting in the gardens. the food is lovely and such variety. if you want any more info email me pridelook@yahoo.co.uk

hope this has helped

Armagh Norhtern...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for holiday resorts for families

Hi Curley1,

I was in Hisaronu in October with my son,16, brother, sister-in-law and 4 nephews ( 5,7,9,12). It was fantastic. We stayed at the Sunset apartments which is about a 5 min walk into the town. Olu Deniz is a 10 min ride on a dolmus which leaves from outside the apartments. There was lots to keep the kids occupied, The Blue Lagoon has lots of watersports and is beautiful.Boat trips are very well organised and great value (£12 for the whole day with meals lunch included. The Turkish people are the nicest people I have ever met, especially if you have children.We could hardly walk past a shop without the owners coming out and giving us apple tea, or giving the kids sweets. I never got the impression this was to intice you into their shops, them are genuinely lovely people. What the apartments lacked in decor (very basic) they more than made up for in hospitality, especially the owner Attick. A great man who has excellent english, and will go out of his way to ensure you have a great holiday.

Hope this sways you to try Turkey and go visit Attick!!

Roisin

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,554 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for holiday resorts for families

Hi Curly

Maybe Ive got it wrong or maybe someone else has but I gather you've had a couple of holidays in Turkey already if you've tried Hillside and Lykia World.

I would also like to find somewhere similar but I'm not hopeful. We go to Lykia World a lot as there arent that many places like it.

Might be worthwhile you posting on different country's pages to try to find somewhere.

Good luck