We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how far is it from Lykia beach to Greenlands hotel

uk
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
how far is it from Lykia beach to Greenlands hotel

Our friends are already booked at the greenlands and since not getting the booking together we are at the lykia beach. We want to meet up regularly etc and was wondering how far the two hotels are. Also, will we be allowed to visit each other at both the hotels?

Sorry about this. Our first time there. Leaving soon.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
7,118 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how far is it from Lykia beach to Greenlands hotel

Here you go

You are around 30 mins from each other.

Greenlands hotel is on the Ovacik (pronounced Ovachik) road at the far end from you. Behind the Shell garage -which is were you would jump off the dolmus.

Lykia is just passed (5 mins by dolmus)Oludeniz further around the coast.

To get to each of them would mean jumping the bus from each and getting to Oludeniz which is in the middle-ish from both hotels.

So it looks like this on a map

Lykia to Oludeniz, Oludeniz to Ovacik via Hisaronuon on it's way to Fethiye, as said you alight at the big Shell station at the very end of Ovacik- you can't miss it.

Here's the big problem, as you are both on exclusive's you won't be able to use each others hotels. It's VERY difficult now to visit Lykia unless you pay for an overnight stay! And vice versa you can't enter the Greenland Hotel as it's all in- unless of course they let you pay to enter.

Best bet would be to meet at Oludeniz and have a drink there- it's got to be visited anyway so you can meet up there.

Prices bus from Lykia 2.5 lira Olu to Ovacik 3.5 lira (same cost as Olu to Fethiye)

Do you have google earth, if so let me know and I'll guide you to each on the map

Mentioned in this post
Ovacik
Ovacik
Oludeniz, Turkey
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Hotel Greenland
Hotel Greenland
1,663 Reviews
Oludeniz, Turkey
uk
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how far is it from Lykia beach to Greenlands hotel

Thank you so much for that Codfather. I didn't realise it was that far. We might be hiring a car there, so hopefully will make life a little easier.

I do have google earth.

You are most helpful. Thank you.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
7,118 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how far is it from Lykia beach to Greenlands hotel

zaboo- I am presuming you mean Lykia World?

uk
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how far is it from Lykia beach to Greenlands hotel

Yes, Lykia World Resort.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
7,118 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how far is it from Lykia beach to Greenlands hotel

If you go to Google earth and go to Hisaronu Fethiye, you can see the Greenland hotel on the top right of the Ovacik road north of Hisaronu almost the furthest away towards Fethiye.

Lykia world is also easy to spot if you stream south down to Oludeniz and it's just a bit more southwest.

Mentioned in this post
Greenland
Greenland
North America
Ovacik
Ovacik
Oludeniz, Turkey
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
uk
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how far is it from Lykia beach to Greenlands hotel

Thank you so much for all your help codfather. I am really looking forward to this trip.

7. Re: how far is it from Lykia beach to Greenlands hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, February 10, 2010