We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suntan lotion

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nottingham
Level Contributor
116 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
suntan lotion

how much is suntan lotion? I'm considering not buying any here, and just buying it when I'm out there.

thanks

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,576 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suntan lotion

I would advise that you take your own suntan lotion as in Turkey it tends to be expensive and some of it is not good quality. We have a house in Turkey and buy everything we need out there - toiletries, food, etc - but the one thing I do take from home is suntan lotion.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suntan lotion

Fully agree with jakkigers.

Its the one item you will need to be sure that you have good stuff, especially with kids.

So don't buy just on price, sometimes the more expensive stuff actually ends up cheaper as it tends to go further.

If its just for saving weight in the luggage, ditch the shampoo etc and buy that locally.

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,248 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suntan lotion

I would like to add, that if you have to buy in Turkey, because you have run out or whatever, make sure that you buy from a proper chemist (Eczane).

It will have been kept in a temperature controlled environment, and not subject to being boiled on a display stand under the mid-day sun.

nottingham
Level Contributor
116 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suntan lotion

fab!

okay, yep will defo buy here then, I always get told that it's cheaper abroad, but when I compare, it does seem expensive. I didn't know about Turkey and you've answered for me.

Thanks, oh and good point about buying from a chemist!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,043 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: suntan lotion

A simple but good Nivea sun screen will cost you about £ 10,00 here, so bring from tax free or from home. Not necessary to bring other chemist things over, the rest like shampoos, soaps etc is normally priced here.

Good luck!

Wimborne Minster...
Level Contributor
169 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: suntan lotion

I am taking my cream from here, Tesco have a lot of the "better" brands (Nivea, Garnier etc) on half price at the moment, so quite good prices. Also Asda's own is £3 or 2 for £5 and that got the best rating on the Which? website - better than Nivea etc.

Hope that helps.

7. Re: suntan lotion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 09, 2010