We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IMPORTANT: Have You Pre Booked Seats With Thomas Cook?

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
IMPORTANT: Have You Pre Booked Seats With Thomas Cook?

I have been informed that Thomas Cook have changed their whole computer system and many people who have pre booked seats are now not in the system.

People have been turning up at airports and there is no record of them pre booking seats.

Please call TC on 0844 855 0515 to confirm your seats and get them to send confirmation to your e-mail address.

Wales
Level Contributor
814 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: IMPORTANT: Have You Pre Booked Seats With Thomas Cook?

Hi,

I booked with Thomas Cook online last year for this years holiday (October 09) it states on my final holiday invoice that we paid extra for seats together, surely this would be all the proof needed..she says hopefully!

What do you think?

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: IMPORTANT: Have You Pre Booked Seats With Thomas Cook?

As I said in my OP, TC have changed their computer system and bookings for seats together have been "lost".

I would double check before you go if I were you, better that then turning up at the airport and finding out you havn't got seats.

Wales
Level Contributor
814 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: IMPORTANT: Have You Pre Booked Seats With Thomas Cook?

Ok, Thanks luvturkey, I'll give them a ring to double check. xxx

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: IMPORTANT: Have You Pre Booked Seats With Thomas Cook?

lynibell-good luck I have tried for a 1wk &1/2 to get thro' :(

Glasgow
Level Contributor
256 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: IMPORTANT: Have You Pre Booked Seats With Thomas Cook?

Me too........have tried I don't know how many times and each time it tells me they are too busy to take my call!!!

It states on our tickets we have seats together, extra luggage allowance and inflight meals!

So they had better make sure the 3 of us get to sit together or my travel agent will hear me!

I've given up trying to call, waste of time.

Wales
Level Contributor
814 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: IMPORTANT: Have You Pre Booked Seats With Thomas Cook?

Hi,

Here is a good tip.....I tried to ring Thomas Cook airlines re a baggage allowance question and like you, I could'nt get through no matter how long I waited on line, just the normal trying to sell you something answering machine and music that seemed to last an eternity, eventually once my ears could stand no more I hung up. Customer service...I think not!

So today, I rang departure (Manchester) Airport and asked to be put through to the Thomas Cook desk, I was put through straight away and they were able to answer my question. This could work for other airports too.

I'll ring again tomorrow and let you know if I was able to resolve the seat booking issue.

Lyn xx

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: IMPORTANT: Have You Pre Booked Seats With Thomas Cook?

If you go onto book.flythomascook.com website-go to Help&FAQS at top of page -bottom left=customer helpdesk info>> then down page it says 'click here to complete call back request (form to fill in)

Done this yesterday and they have just sent me printable email with details of booking and payment.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
256 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: IMPORTANT: Have You Pre Booked Seats With Thomas Cook?

Hi Blue07

Thanks for that, have just completed the online form so will see if they reply as that "Customer Service" helpline was no use at all.....wonder if anyone ever gets through to anyone on that number???! lol

Thanks again

Angie

Wales
Level Contributor
814 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: IMPORTANT: Have You Pre Booked Seats With Thomas Cook?

Hi,

I rang TC customer services this morning and got through too!

My booking was checked and was showing that I had paid for seats together and so had all members of my party.

The advisor said that he was unaware of the problem and that in the event of any problems like this,they write to each customer, although he did say that it could have been an isolated incident?

I would still check with them though if you have booked seats..just in case.

Thanks again luvturkey for bringing this to our attention.

20. Re: IMPORTANT: Have You Pre Booked Seats With Thomas Cook?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 15, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations