We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Star Hotel and Magic Tulip Hotel

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Staffordshire
Level Contributor
127 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Star Hotel and Magic Tulip Hotel

Hi Olu Lovers

Have now started to narrow down the holiday options to the Blue star hotel and the Magic Tulip Hotel. However, the Blue Star has had some really bad reviews (especially towards the owner) and the magic tulip has also had some negative press.

Was really hoping that some of the Olu veterans and recent visitors could give me some feedback on both hotels (hopefully there are some positives) so i can make the final decision.

Thanking all of you in advance for again coming to my aid!!

Dunstable
Level Contributor
706 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Blue Star Hotel and Magic Tulip Hotel

Try Thomas Cook, we booked through them when we went there a few years ago and I know they still go there as we tried to go back this year but couldn't warrant the extra 400 quid, (thats a lot of Efes)!!

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,561 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Blue Star Hotel and Magic Tulip Hotel

thomascook.com/destinations/…

Hey Gio, would you like me to go on this holiday for you..he he!

I'll check out the steps in July whilst there, good excuse to escape from my finacial advisors for a while- may even sneak a few pints of pain killer in!!

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,561 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Blue Star Hotel and Magic Tulip Hotel

By the way when are you going, I could get direct numbers and contacts if you want to book it direct with the hotel.

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
127 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Blue Star Hotel and Magic Tulip Hotel

I think i will be able to handle the 2 weeks in glorious sunshine with a warm breeze on my face, but i will let you know if anything changes (he he).

Thanks for checking it out for me that would be fantastic!!!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Blue Star Hotel and Magic Tulip Hotel

Hi, Yes you have the pools correct, the steps are on the left of the picture on the opposite side of pool from railings there is a small cut away bit and the steps go down from there, and a ladder type on the other end. I can't jump in a pool so need steps!!

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Blue Star Hotel and Magic Tulip Hotel

To confirm what Lin50 says, there are steps into the shallow end and the ladder in the deep end.

I was there last September, it was lovely and relaxing and the pool never crowded.

Have a good holiday wherever you go.

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
127 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Blue Star Hotel and Magic Tulip Hotel

YEY so the Magic Tulip has steps into the pool, it is confirmed. I am sooooo happy, i will look for some more reviews and make the big decision.

How did you find it Lin50 and Keith1950??

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Blue Star Hotel and Magic Tulip Hotel

I booked through med hotels website and got a good price and everything was fine with the booking. As said before the hotel is good,rooms clean and breakfast turkish buffet, the hotel is in a good position,pool not that big but ample, with sun loungers around and parasols. We found it to be away from the noise which is a bonus for us. The hotel has a turkish night once a week with a buffet meal,went last year and it was a good evening.

19. Re: Blue Star Hotel and Magic Tulip Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, December 11, 2009