We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Money

Hello all,

im sure this subject has been raised several times but i just need a bit of clarification please.

With regards to changing money, can you please advise which is the best option to take:

1. Change all my money in england

2. Take some lira with me and use the ATM when im there

3. Take some lira and change travellers cheques

4. Take some lira and change english money when im there

Think thats all avenues covered!! :o)

Also as it is only myself and my son going - 2 weeks to go and counting- can anybody give a rough guide on an evening meal cost....somewhere nice that does a bit of allsorts so i can have a rough budget.

Many thanks

Nicky

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,604 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money

Number 4 for me!

If you budget for £20 for two of you per meal you won't go far wrong, there are so many places to eat so just follow your nose!

UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Money

Hi Nicky

I always take sterling and change it there as you get a much better rate. Only take about £30 in lira. Take my card as backup if I run out of cash but try not to use it.

Most restaurants do a good selection of food (Turkish,steaks,pasta,chicken etc) Help & Toscana also do mexican.Like previous post says £20 should feed you both of an evening & a snack or pizza at lunch is quite reasonable. Drinks seem to be the biggest extra - Beer is cheap but imports, cocktails & soft drinks are more or less what we pay at home.

Brighton
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money

Okey dokey...thank you very much :o)

4. Re: Money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, December 07, 2009