We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain due next week in Olu Deniz- how long does it last??

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rain due next week in Olu Deniz- how long does it last??

We are coming to Olu Deniz next week for the first time ever in Turkey and on checking the weather forecast it will be raining from Monday onwards, I am so depressed, just wondered if the rain lasts long in this resort, ie all day, or an on and off thing. We have been so apprehensive about this holiday, we are staying at Sun City with the reviews worrying us, and the wasp situation. I am feeling quite low about it all now, just hope the rain thing happens at night!! x

West Sussex
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain due next week in Olu Deniz- how long does it last??

Me and my boyfriend are going to Gumbet tomorrow and see some forecasts are rain.

I'm trying to be positive as you can't do anything about it but seeing as we've had a lot of rain over here recently and it's may, I can't help feel sad as I really really want some sun. haha

Anyway - If you're off soon, enjoy your hols and hopefully it will be better when we arrive.

xxx

Staffs, England
Level Contributor
319 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain due next week in Olu Deniz- how long does it last??

Where are you looking for the weather forecast SurreyLittleOwl?

You won't find one particularly for Oludeniz but you will find one for Fethiye. I've just looked at one and next week looks fine, mostly sunny, a bit cloudy some days and the only rain forecast is for Saturday 23rd with some showers.

When I've had rain before (and I do most times, despite going in June/July!) it has usually been a bit of a storm and a cloudy day or two. When I went early June we had a day and a half of cloudy with spots of rain. I've been late October with 4 days of torrential rain, I've been July with 1.5 days of steady rain. I sound unlucky don't I? I know they had 1.5 days of bad rain last week in the Dalyan area for definite, not sure about Olu.

Google weather reports for Fethiye and see if they make you feel any better.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
8,973 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain due next week in Olu Deniz- how long does it last??

I would love to know the person who can tell us how long the rain will last!

Perhaps top ease your mind, it said 6 days of rain just over a day ago, we had 2 days of non stop rain.

And as May is coming halfway, the chance for a rain like that is less and less, usually if it rains in May it can be hard but just for a while, there is always quick sunshine again.

And also the rain can be very locally, last week it rained heavily in Fethiye but Kayaköy was dry and sunny (with clouds).

Since today the weather warmed up a lot for sure.

Enjoyu your holiday!

Scotland, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain due next week in Olu Deniz- how long does it last??

For anyone that is going to Gumbert my friends are there now and they have just text me saying it has been red hot since monday and they are on the beach as i type.

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain due next week in Olu Deniz- how long does it last??

I am off on holiday on Monday, & have just checked the BBC Weather site for Fethiye. According to them its showing Sunny for the next four day. After thats its either a Pine Cone or some Sea Weed. I am packing an Umberalla & Light Weight Water Proof, that should ensure it stays fine, as I alway pack the wrong Things!!

england
Level Contributor
202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain due next week in Olu Deniz- how long does it last??

hiyaa im going to club sun city in july.and when ive been in turkey ( not oludeniz) its only rained once over night and in the morning it was more hotter than recent days soo dont worry and hope you have a great holz :) ps. can you right a review when you get back because id love to read it :P

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain due next week in Olu Deniz- how long does it last??

Sear SurreyLittleOwl,

come on - don't be depressed - you are going on holiday - and your very first time to experience the very beautiful country and people of Turkey! If you look at the reviews for SunCity here on TA - the last 4 are really glowing! The scenery around Olu Deniz is just stunning - so I do hope you actually get a chance to leave your hotel and explore a bit. Wasps? most people agreed in your previous posts that you don't tend to get many in May. Weather - well who can tell just what will happen. But one thing for sure, look at the weather forecast for Surrey next week - it is rainy and miserable all week long! So go on - get your bag packed and look forward to a holiday of a lifetime!!

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain due next week in Olu Deniz- how long does it last??

If ıt raıns, then so be it - you will have no control over ıt, so sıt back and enjoy ıt, ıf ıt does.

Learn to play backgammon or Okey and beat the locals...

blossom79
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain due next week in Olu Deniz- how long does it last??

Is it still warm if it rains?

10. Re: Rain due next week in Olu Deniz- how long does it last??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:41 am, May 16, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz