We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much spending money will i need for two weeks in July

haslington
14 posts
Save Topic
How much spending money will i need for two weeks in July

Hi all,

For the first time this year me and my partner are going to Olud eniz staying B&B in the Karbel hotel. We fly on the 6th July, Can anybody possibly advise me on how much spending money WE will need, im unsure as to how expensive eating out is. We wont be paragliding or anything probably a few trips and dont really buy much from markets etc, we will be having lunch and tea out and drinks at night, how expensive is everything???????? Also can you hire quad bikes in olu deniz or any other local town and bring them back????????

Any help would be fab

Thank you.

Ruth

Herts, UK
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How much spending money will i need for two weeks in July

Hi there, when we went to the Karbel hotel in 2007 for a week there were 3 of us who ate and drank out every night (nothing particularly exuberant), went on a couple of trips and hired a speedboat for the day. We bought 200 cigarettes each and a bottle of vodka back too and bought a few cheap souvenirs. We spent just under £300 each, but I hear everything has gone up a bit in the last 18 months.

The drinks in the Karbel are quite expensive so be careful when they give you the charge card and make sure you pay it off every day otherwise you will have a big shock when you get your bill!

If I were you I would budget for at least £600 per person, but obviously that all depends on whether you like to have a drink while on holiday.

haslington
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How much spending money will i need for two weeks in July

Thanks for that, i was thinking roughly around that aswell, thanks for the advice i am asuming it will be quite expensive so best be on the safe side =] x

Herts, UK
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How much spending money will i need for two weeks in July

No problem - depending on your budget I would try and take as much as you can just so that you dont spend your whole holiday wandering around trying to find somewhere cheaper than the last expensive place! I have done this before in Halkidiki in Greece and way under budgeted and spent the whole of the holiday wandering around trying not to spend too much money and wishing I had saved more!

I am going in September all inclusive for 10 nights but am going to try and take £400-£500 each just to be on the safe side!

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
haslington
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How much spending money will i need for two weeks in July

Yeah we were the same when we went to halkidki in 2007 that was our last holiday, really looking forward to this one, best get saving! Hope you have a lovely time too

Dorset
Level Contributor
102 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much spending money will i need for two weeks in July

Hi to Tiffandstevie.

Me and my fiancee went to Halkidiki and loved it! We are going to the Hotel Karbel beginning of Oct and wondered what you think of Olu Deniz compared to Hslkidiki?

We went to Polychrono and can't wait to try Olu Deniz it looks even better than Halkidiki.

Any comments you have would be great

Mentioned in this post
Karbel Hotel
Karbel Hotel
1,182 Reviews
Oludeniz, Turkey
Scotland
Level Contributor
283 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much spending money will i need for two weeks in July

Hi guys

We went to halkidiki last year as well ang going to Olu Deniz this year. We thought Hanioti etc weren't too bad (apart from the cocktails...hic!) pricewise. If same this year will save cash as going B&B instead of self catering. Not going to october so plenty time to save up!

enjoy

Herts, UK
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How much spending money will i need for two weeks in July

Hi there! In my opinion there is no comparison - Olu Deniz wins hands down. While we were there we had an OK time but the whole time we were saying "I wish we went to Olu Deniz instead". The reasons being:

1. the people - so much friendlier, more genuine and more entertaining than in Pefkohori (Halkidiki)

2. The beachfront and village - much more of a rustic, scenic "chilled beach bar" atmosphere.

3. The prices of food and drink (bloody extortionate in Pefkohori, like 6 euro for a small bottle of fanta on one beach!

4. The locals make your night so much more enjoyable, in Pefkohori you had to make an effort with them to make them even notice you.

5. Haggleability is better in OD, I had to really struggle to knock anyone donwn in Pefkohori

6. The food is so much better in OD.

7. In Pefkohori we were holidaying with Russians, Greeks, Germans, Spanish. We struggled to find any English people at all.

8. The choice of excurisons on offer in OD far outweighs the ones on offer in Pefkohori.

I hope this helps!

8. Re: How much spending money will i need for two weeks in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:30 am, November 11, 2009