We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karbel/weather october

Scotland
Level Contributor
279 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Karbel/weather october

Hi

2 questions really, seriously considering booking 2 weeks start of october at karbel hotel in OD. We are couple in 30's so don't want it too rowdy but not dull as dishwater either...thoughts?

Also, all importantly anyone know if weather will be around 25C thru day? Assume bit cooler at night etc..

Never been to Turkey before so just wondering what time sunrises and sunsets are approx?

that's 3 questions...on well hope someone can help with 2/3 if not 3/3...

cheers

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Karbel/weather october

Hi Barry and welcome to the forum

Karbel, no idea, but have a look at posts bu TheCodfather he is the hotel Guru.

Weather, should still be in the mid to hi 20's - hopefully, always a chance of rain, but most years we have been its been later in the month, and yes it does cool down at night.

heres a link to work out the sun.

www.gaisma.com/en/location/fethiye.html

OK thats 3/3 answered, well sort of....

Herts, UK
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Karbel/weather october

Hi there, I visited the Karbel in October of 2007 and we had a great time. It is quite low key and the majority of guests there were in the 30s-40s and above. They have entertainment but again it is low key. There is a Turkish night, a barbecue night, bingo a couple of times a week which is fun, quiz night etc. Dont expect nightly shows though as they are more restricted to the all inclusives.

The hotel itself is lovely. The rooms are small, simple but exceptionally clean. The gardens are beautifully maintained, you can get a good night's sleep and the pool area is very clean. The pool is quite small but there was always enough room when I was there and never hard to get a lounger and parasol.

The staff are very welcoming and friendly and generous with the alcohol in the drinks although these can get very expensive, especially when you get the bill at the end of the night, and this was back in 2007. From what I hear prices in OD have gone up a lot so when I go this year I will be going all inclusive because the price of drinks was expensive 2 years ago, god knows what they are like now!

Basically, if you have the money to spend on eating out every night etc and if I was to ever go back to a b&b in OD i would definitely choose the Karbel.

Herts, UK
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Karbel/weather october

oh, and when we were there first 2 weeks of October, temps were in high 20s all week!

west yorks
Level Contributor
657 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Karbel/weather october

Hi, we can also recommend the Karbel hotel, this will be our 4th year there, also going the first week in Oct which we haven't done before , we usually do May or Sep so i'm hoping we should still get some good weather. Like the previous report says entertainment is low key although we don't spend much time drinking in the hotel, we like to spend our evenings at The Buzz bar and The help Bar on the front, you can't beat sitting on the terrace of The Buzz Bar with a cocktail watching the sun go down!!Both these bars play good music as well , they have a chilled vibe to them. If you do want something louder you can get to Hisaronu which is the next resort up on the mountain on the dolomus.I'm sure you will enjoy Olu Deniz and the Karbel. Nicky.

Scotland
Level Contributor
279 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Karbel/weather october

Thanks everyone, just home from work and seen you have been busy...haha

Think we are going to book Karbel B&B as prefer to be flexible re eating out etc and from other posts beleive if shop around in Olu Deniz, Hisaronu or Fethiye will be able to get good food for reasonable prices.

Just one other thing..sorry. Will there still be paragliding, boat trips, excursions on at start of October? Looking to fly from Newcastle on the 5th provided the good lady can get time off work booked up. If all goes ok going to book hols at end of May.

Thanks all...

Herts, UK
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Karbel/weather october

yes, you will still get all the excursions, boat trips, paragliding etc. In my experience the sea was much calmer in october than it was in may so a good time to go on boat trips.

Scotland
Level Contributor
279 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Karbel/weather october

Thanks tiffandstevie,

Tremendous news re excursions etc, went to halkidiki end of sept last year and boat trips etc where all stopped :-( probably cos was crap weather...no risks this year, Turkey seems a safer bet (although know might get odd day of rain).

Been looking at photos etc and Olu Deniz/Karbel seem to be perfect for us.

cheers

Dorset
Level Contributor
78 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Karbel/weather october

Hi,

Me and my partner booked first week in Oct B&B with First Choice, seemed cheaper than a lot of other places so try them if you have not booked already :-)

Scotland
Level Contributor
279 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Karbel/weather october

Hi

Think going with Thomas Cook but will look at First Choice (wanting to go 4 a fortnight though so we can check out the surrounding area etc).

Maybe c u at Karbel in October....

cheers

Dorset
Level Contributor
78 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Karbel/weather october

Oh really?

I couldn't find the Hotel Karbel with Thomas Cook I would have liked to as I have always used them but I looked at Thomson and 1st Choice as they are now linked in some way and booking through 1st Choice website was £100 cheaper than with Thomson even though it is exactly the same and thomson flight!!

I hope you get a good deal and will hopefully see you there!!

Dominic