We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diamond jewellry

UK
Level Contributor
102 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Diamond jewellry

Hi

Does anyone know if the price for diamond jewellry is cheaper in Turkey, or on par with UK prices?

Thanks

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diamond jewellry

The price of gold and diamonds is the same all over the world.The differing factor is the cost of workmanship.This means that Turkey is a good place for buying as labour is much cheaper here.Remember that diamonds will be most likely set in 18 carat or higher,although some are set in 14 carat.

Buying diamonds is a risky business even for someone with some experience of buying them and unfortuately there are a few unscrupulous folk around(!) so hopefully other forumites will be able to recommend good,reputable jewellers in Olu Deniz where you can buy with confidence.

wales
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Diamond jewellry

Hi.... I bought a single diamond on an 18ct white gold chain for under £300, eighteen months ago.....got it valued back here in the UK and it was valued at £1200. I bought mine in Infinity jewellers in Fethiye and they were very very helpful even bartered them down a bit!!! They have outlets in Hisoranu and Olu Deniz!!!! Good luck and have fun choosing!!!

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diamond jewellry

Hi Roslin

sarikanarya has answered your cost question, and her point about it being risky is very valid.

I would never reccomend any particular jewelers for buying diamonds as the risk is too great, your other reply mentioned Infinity, they are a long established company in the area, we have bought a few things from them over the years and all have been first class.

What I would reccomend is that you visit as many places as possible, and consider a trip into Fethiye for even more choice of shops.

4. Re: Diamond jewellry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, November 01, 2009