We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Money

Hi All

My friend and I are going to stay at Turquoise Hotel for 10 days in mid to late May. Is it a nice hotel? Seen pictures in brochure but they never look quite the same when you arrive!

A few other questions if you can help

I've been given some old Turkish Lira, are they still accepted?

We've been warned about local men being a problem to girls alone. Is this a problem in Olu Deniz?

Lastly, someone called Bloody Gorgeous Tours has a terrible rep on some forums. Is he still there under the same name or has he changed it (so we can avoid him like the plague!)

Fethiye
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Money

Hi Electra

Turquoise Hotel is a really good choice they also have many regular customers which comes each summer season.

If you have Yeni Turk Lirasi (YTL) you may use them till the 31th December,2009.In every country some of the uneducated local men may be problem to single female tourists.Do not worry about it..

Lastly,I guess also wish the man who called Bloody Gorgeous will not be there.Because,The Association of Turkish Travel Agencies (TURSAB) has been received lot of complaints about him on summer season 2008.

Have a great holiday

Regards

Rob

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money

Hi Electra, if your old Turkish lira has lots of zeroes then you will not get them changed, but if they are marked as YTL then they are OK.

Bloody Gorgeous, is actually rather not very gorgeous, large beaky nose and greasy hair, he has a habit of speaking with a cockney accent (he thinks its cockney)

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money

Bloody Gorgeous has been associated with Metrolya Tours in the past so it's possible that he might pop up there again.

Jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Money

Thanks Everyone who replied! I'm really looking forward to my trip now!

5. Re: Money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, October 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations