We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alize Hotel Info and tips

liverpool
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Alize Hotel Info and tips

I'm going to the hotel alize for 2 weeks at the end of may with my boyfriend. We were wondering if anyone who has been to the alize can help answer a few questions before we go.

Firstly do you have to pay for air conditioning?

What time do they serve each meal? (b.fast, lunch and evening meal) Are snacks always available or just at certain times? What snacks are there?

Are there any things we should look out for while we are there, such as the 'bad rooms' in the hotel. (stayed at monte verde in hisaronu last september and could give people a few tips about that place!)

Does the hotel really have it's own private section on one of the beaches?

Best places to eat surrounding the hotel?

Sorry for all the questions, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

liverpool
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Alize Hotel Info and tips

Thanks for the info timbo, it's been a help!

south east
Level Contributor
122 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Alize Hotel Info and tips

we went last year lovely hotel nice food good choice specially for kids very clean ,

bad points they tried to sleep my kids aged 2 and 3 in two laundry baskets with planks of sawn of wood on the bases and settee cushions for mattresses , they found it amusing that i refused to put them in there and kicked off till i was given 2 cots which were transported from other hotels , spoke to other guest who had same problem but gave up after the 2nd or third day of moaning !

also staff are a tad miserable i thought not the most friendliest looked an effort for them to entertain the kids and it was at the start of last years season not the end which i could understand ,

would i go back to hotel definatly but too pricey this year and not looking forward to a row about laundry baskets and children lol

Herts, UK
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Alize Hotel Info and tips

Lol about the laundry baskets - fortunately I dont have any kids so hopefully won't get that problem, unless of course they try to shove me in one of them!

Some of the reviews from earlier have said that the staff are miserable but maybe that has changed since last year as most of the recent reviews are saying that the staff are very friendly and hospitable. Can anyone clarify if the staff have cheered up at all?!

Durham, UK
Level Contributor
183 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Alize Hotel Info and tips

We're off to the Alize on Monday with a two year old. I've just emailed requesting a cot, just in case we get the laundry basket problem!

Thanks for the letting me know and hopefully she'll have a cot on arrival.

We also have two older boys and were unable to get a room for all five of us, so had to book two rooms. I'm hoping the two rooms are next to each other so I can keep an eye on the boys as I wouldn't be happy if we were in different blocks. I've asked them to make sure the rooms are next to each other.

south east
Level Contributor
122 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Alize Hotel Info and tips

make sure you do get a proper cot as they do have them the laundry style thing ison wheels and is very dangerous they tried to tell me that is what the turkish people use !!!!!! but a friend we met was using one for there child about 18 months and they had to cover over some stickingout screws inside the cot thing with pillow cases cos could of been nasty accident if caught , our cots were brought in from other hotels so be warned lol we did have to wait till the next evening bwefore we got them !!

let usknow if you get a nice cot maybe well go back there again next time lol

Durham, UK
Level Contributor
183 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Alize Hotel Info and tips

Will check the cot carefully - thanks. The manager has emailed back and said he will try to meet our request so fingers crossed!

We stayed at Olu Deniz beach resort last year, and they gave us a travel cot with a broken frame. It was ok set up, but if you put any weight on bar around the top, the whole thing collapsed. They tried to tell me it would be ok, but my daughter was a year old and pulling herself up on things, so I was worried in case she grabbed onto it to stand up in the cot and it collapsed. Had to stand my ground and keep explaining it was dangerous before they would change it.

cheshire
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Alize Hotel Info and tips

i found the staff very frendly . the bar staff were a bit quiet but then they were busy . the 2 lads organising the entertainment were very funny to watch . one of them was quite camp and kept dragging my wife up to do the pool airobics every morning . by the end of the week i could do a great impresion of him .the waiters must have been paid for every plate they take to the kitchen because they were trying to take them while you were still eating off them .a tight grip is needed , very funny

Fife
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Alize Hotel Info and tips

Hi,

we went to this hotel 3 years ago and are going back in july (can't wait). Join in with the pool games and entertainment it made our holiday. We were getting married out there and all the staff and guests lined up to see me off it was fab. Noise didn't bother our little boy he thought it was fab everyone knew him by the first day! we eat out a couple of times a week anyway just to experience the resort. The boat trips are fab and help your tan on no end!

Have a nice time

There used to be a place called ottermans that was good for food

Durham, UK
Level Contributor
183 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Alize Hotel Info and tips

Just an update on the cot. We did get a proper cot, but it was absolutely massive!

There was nowhere really to put it in the room, without blocking something off - like having to slide it backwards and forwards when you wanted to use the wardrobe, or open the balcony door, or use the bathroom etc.

As our daughter has just turned two, we decided to try her in the single bed the first night. The maid gave us a thick blanket to pad the bedside cabinet and floor in case she fell out. She managed fine, so we asked them to take the cot away the next day.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay at the hotel and I would go back. I'm busy writing a review and hopefully it will be on the site soon.

20. Re: Alize Hotel Info and tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:45 am, December 11, 2009