We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wasps

norfolk
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wasps

Hi

Really want to book 2 weeks in Oludeniz...however

i have been reading that in July they have a really

bad wasp problems.....can anyone shed any light on this

......is it a big problem?...as some say you

can not even eat outside or drink without them

bombing you....

england
Level Contributor
203 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wasps

i know ive heard the same problems and i am really scared of wasps and they say that there at loads at the club sun city is this true ??

norfolk
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wasps

I have been told that you cannot even sit out side with out wasp bombing you or drink...I really want to

go a it looks so lovely...but it would ruin the holiday for me...so looking forward to positive reports...or maybe its true and we need to look somewhere else

Isle of Wight
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wasps

I was in Olu last August and saw the odd wasp at breakfast time. Never saw any in the evening time or during the day around the pool/beach. Other people may have a different experience but mine is that wasps are more of a problem during UK summers (when we have a decent one)compared to what I encountered in Olu last year.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wasps

Its rather amazing the amount of posts about wasps every year.

Of course there are wasps in Olu Deniz/Ovacik/Fethiye/Hisaronu.

But they are no worse than in the UK countryside.

Please folks don't spoil your holiday by worrying about wasps.

If you have a real phobia about them, then you will already know what type of repellants to use.

If you only dislike Wasps,

Stay away from places near greenery

Get someone to smoke whilst you are eating (OK a bit OTT)

Keep an eye out for places that are troubled by them, and stay clear of them.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,767 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wasps

You are far more likely to be stung by an agent called Bloody Gorgeous. He even had a black and yellow striped jumper on one year.

Staffs, England
Level Contributor
322 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wasps

If there was a problem with them last year it was just one of those things. I was there the first two weeks of July and I can't even remember seeing a single one. I did, however, get very irritated with them on my gulet holiday in September. I had not had a particular problem with them to my memory on any of my previous holidays either on gulets or in resorts of Ovacik or Dalyan.

If they were prevalent at any time last season it was just one of those things - please don't think of the area as being filled with wasps all summer long because that is not the case. Just as there might be x weeks or a summer where we see a lot of them in the UK but then other years hardly any it's exactly the same in Turkey.

Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
101 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wasps

I was there the middle 2 weeks of July last year and don`t recall seeing one at all. We didn`t get bitten by anything at all. I really don`t know where these reports come from..!

8. Re: Wasps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, October 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations