We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olu Deniz - One-night Guilet Trip?

Clevedon, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Olu Deniz - One-night Guilet Trip?

Going to Olu Deniz for 2 weeks on 26/09 - anyone know anything about a trip which includes just a 1 night stay on a guilet? Would like to know more about it. Thanks J

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
804 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olu Deniz - One-night Guilet Trip?

Probably not much help to you, but we did a two day/one night gulet trip in 2001. Brilliant! The only mistake we made was sleeping in the cabin, whereas we should have slept on deck under the stars. Maybe too chilly in the end of September though.

Clevedon, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Olu Deniz - One-night Guilet Trip?

Thanks for the info IOWCouple! Just realised my mis-spelling of gulet! Would be fun sailing around the seas on a puffa-jacket without arms!!??!! Was delighted to receive such a prompt reply to my first-ever posting on to Trip Advisor - think I will become addicted! Did you book the trip yourselves in resort, or did you book it through your travel rep? Even though a few years ago, can you remember the cost? Its something we'd really like to do, but want to get the low-down before we go! Thanks, J

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
804 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Olu Deniz - One-night Guilet Trip?

I think we booked it throught our travel company and it was about 10 trillion turkish lira (LOL). Only 2 ish to the £ now. I honestly cant remember price but maybe someone who has been recently would know, also probably cheaper booking locally.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Olu Deniz - One-night Guilet Trip?

Hi Jackie, just ask about gulets as you go around establishments in resort, You will also find the Buzz Bar travel office helpful and may know a Gulet owner who can arrange trip for you. There is more choice for boats in Fethiye and its long sea tour to get that side from Olu (perhaps 4 hrs),so for one evening from Olu they may sail around to Faralya or towards Gemiler island side. You can easily get to Fethiye marina by dolmus if you wish to do a trip starting there. The going rate for private daily tour starts around £85 (per small boat) and that is good price, so for a day and evening add more.Your food should be provided but drinks are add-ons. You can negotiate at end of season for a good price, it would be well worth spending the extra money to do this as recommend as a real highlight of your holiday! One company I can recommend in Fethiye are www.beforelunch.com or 0532 623 43 59 from inside TK.

Clevedon, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Olu Deniz - One-night Guilet Trip?

Thanks CosyCarol - I've been in touch with beforelunch and we're in the process of booking a 4 day/3 night trip! Can't wait!!! Thanks for the info - looks good. J

6. Re: Olu Deniz - One-night Guilet Trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, October 07, 2009