We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency Exhange

w.yorks
11 posts
Save Topic
Currency Exhange

Hi, can anyone give any advice as to where is best to exchange pounds to lire. I have read it is better to exchange most of ur money when in Turkey as you receive better exchange rate? Any advice would be appreciated as I am travelling next week. Thanks

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency Exhange

You'll definitely get a better rate in Turkey.

Buy about £50 worth of Turkish Lira in the UK to cover you for the first couple of days and either change the rest of your sterling out here or use ATMs.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,860 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency Exhange

The first time I went to Turkey 5 years ago I took a small amount of Lira also, Everytime after that I took only Sterling and No Lira, If the shop has the choice they will take sterling ahead of Lira 100% of the time.

Level Contributor
198 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency Exhange

Lots of places offer no commission currency.

Came back last Friday and the rate was 2.40 to the pound.

4. Re: Currency Exhange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, October 04, 2009