We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

toilets

Bexleyheath, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
toilets

me and my wife are staying at the BELCEHAN DELUXE HOTEL not to be confused with belcehan beach hotel. can someone please confirm that the toilets can be flushed . its our first time in turkey not worried about toilets when we are out and about. but i need to know that you dont have to put your used paper in a bin. im at your mercy as to an answer.

i asked a question about holsten pils lager has anyone seen it for sale in oli deniz or surronding areas. i appreciate your feed-back.

and can i just say if anyone is going to the capo bay area in protaras cyprus for a holiday and need to ask any questions dont hesitate to ask. we went there 2 years ago and it was the best holiday ive been on. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Cwmbran, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: toilets

I think you will find you have to put your parer in the bin in all the hotels.

we had to in sun city. sorry.

London, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: toilets

The toilet situation unlike Greece isn't obligatory but you will see the same little bin next to the toilet. Personal choice I suppose.

nkt
Ankara, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Ankara
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: toilets

I advise you not to throw significantly dirty toilet paper into the bins (i.e. first wipe) - throw into the toilet instead. Otherwise you might have a smelly toilet bin, and you will be indirectly tormenting the cleaning staff.

Nottingham England
Level Contributor
1 post
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: toilets

I have learned that you use the water supply beside the toilet bowl to wash yourself, then the toilet paper to dry your skin. Then you wash your hands. Who says the natives are un-clean. it feels so good to be sure that you are fresh smelling.

ipswich
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: toilets

I have been going to turkey for 15 years now and most hotels toilets are ok to use like home as long as you do not use a roll of paper then you are ok.i am sure the one you are in will be ok.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,909 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: toilets

you can certainly flush the toilets in Turkey, but in many places the sewage system might not be so equipped to take a lot of paper(and I include my own house here). You don't want to block your toilet in your room so why not do as nkt says and flush the dirty paper but throw the cleaner ones in the bin provided. This will/should be removed on a daily basis and really it is not such a big deal and you soon get used to it - in fact I find that when back in London I am looking around for the bin for the first few days!

7. Re: toilets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:23 am, October 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations