We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lykia World: Bar Bills

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kabul, Afghanistan
Level Contributor
165 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Lykia World: Bar Bills

Can anyone tell me whether Lykia World bill you for drinks in Euros or Turkish Lira. The Pound is pretty weak against the Euro at the moment, but we get better value against the Lira (I think?). And I hear that drinks aren't cheap - does anyone have any idea about how much they might cost?

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,311 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lykia World: Bar Bills

You pay for your drinks as you check out. They will be on an invoice with any other costs you have run up like excursions, taxis etc.

The drinks are not any more expensive than they would be in the UK. In fact, if you ask for the local spirits they are a bit cheaper.

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think they give you the bill in Turkish money and you can pay for it in any currency or with plastic.

England
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lykia World: Bar Bills

I just got back - you can pay in any currency you like. I paid with euros. I dont drink - the room bar is quite expensive but otherwise about 2 euros for a soft drink. Take some water bottles with you as there is no where you can buy them apart from hotel which is expensive. I wish I had. Dont tell hotel as you not allowed but they wont know if they in your cases! you will love the hotel in june.

uk
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lykia World: Bar Bills

Hi Amandaswale,We are going last week of May, first week in June. Do you mean take empty water bottles to fill from the free water dispensers that I have heard they have dotted all over the resort (is this correct?) or full bottles from home? I'm a bit worried about putting full bottles in our cases! How much was the bottled water to buy there? Thanks

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,311 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lykia World: Bar Bills

We haven't been this year but last year you could buy litre bottles of water at all the bars. It was nice and cold and no dearer than in the UK. They had a happy hour at the bars from 6 so you could buy it then half price.

They didn't allow you to fill bottles from the dispensers.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
308 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lykia World: Bar Bills

As we were going with kids, they had their juice cups with them which we filled at each meal time and no-one has ever commented to us (possibly because they drink the juice with their meal and we take the rest with us). There are signs up asking you not to fill up any bottles at the restraunts.

If you do take any liquid with you a good tip is to put it in a vacuum bag. I use the small underwear bags. We had to take baby milk with us, and rather than use powder (being unsure of the water) I bought the ready made packets and put them in these vacuum bags - thank goodness I did as one of the packets burst, but not a single drop of milk went on the clothes.

uk
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lykia World: Bar Bills

Sanaq, What are vacuum bags? I have never heard of them before?? Do you pore water or other liquids into them, how do they not burst?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
308 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lykia World: Bar Bills

No, you will have seen the ones for duvets etc. Put the stuff in, attatch the hover and suck all the air out. Well you get small ones for underwear that you just roll the air out of and each end seals. Perfect for carrying the baby milk in. It may not reduce the size of the cartons, but it provides a good seal around them in case one shoul burst.

uk
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lykia World: Bar Bills

Thanks sanaq that's a really good idea!

9. Re: Lykia World: Bar Bills

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, September 24, 2009