We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for this weekend

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Advice for this weekend

We're off to Ovacik tomorrow and as we've never been at this time of the year before were wondering if any decent restaurants in Oludeniz are open yet? We know the majority open in April but were hoping that in view of Easter being early this year there may be a few more open now? In particular is the restaurant at The Belcekiz Hotel open? Any help would be appreciated.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,666 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for this weekend

Hi lippie

don't know about Belcekiz hotel but the Sun Cafe next to Cruesos bar is usually open right through the year. It's about 20 mtrs from bus terminal/ taxi rank in Oludeniz as you probably know.

It would be really good if you could do a report of your stay ( what's open etc ) when you return as I have never been that early- but always wonder whats going on.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for this weekend

Thanks for the info, we shall see what is open then post some details for future reference.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,666 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for this weekend

Hi again

the Fez bar in Hisaronu is also open right through the year- if you fancy a quiz and a roast dinner on a Sunday!

Not something that comes to mind on holiday but I have some good friends there, and they always ask me to visit out of season.

Have a great time

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,042 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for this weekend

There is not much open in Oludeniz this time of year, in the daytime while the sun is out it is great to have a sit on the sea front and enjoy a drink. But also Ovacik won't be so lively as in summer. A nice place for a meal is in the Olive Tree residences who are now only open in the weekends.

Hisarönü is still a mess, with lots of the pavements open for telephone lines. Hopefully that will be closed soon.

Nobody really announces when they open their doors for the season, so I wouldn't know at all if most places open April 1st.

The best bet is Fethiye and Kayaköy. Almost all restaurants here are open all year through.

Enjoy your time!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice for this weekend

Thanks for your replies. We've just got back from our long weekend and we managed to find some places open, although as we thought most were shut. In Oludeniz we found that only the Sun Cafe and the Seahorse on the front were open but in Hisaronu The Piano Bar, Rainbow, Peppinos, The Bees Knees, Shanghai Blues and a few others down the side streets were open for business. The weather was nice and sunny but very chilly in the evenings and all in all we had a nice time. If you fancy a relaxing break and are not bothered about too much going on (apart from in Fethiye of course) then it's a nice time of the year to visit.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice for this weekend

Codfather, sorry but I forgot to add to my post that I only saw your reply after we had returned but thanks anyway for the tip about the Fez Bar. We never noticed it while we there, whereabouts in Hisaronu is it? We are going again in a few weeks time so we can call in then.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,666 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice for this weekend

Thats quite alright and thanls for the feedback, always wondered what it would be like this early.

Anyway look at

www.hisaronu.co.uk for Fez bar

it's situated on the road at the far end after the post office phones and go left at the first roundabout you then come to, it's about 50 yards up the road on the left. You'll see some pics of me asI play there with my band sometimes ( four guitars and four vocals.

Or you can check out the pictures on www.trafford.com/04-2349 and open the book at page 64

regards

Mark S

8. Re: Advice for this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, September 23, 2009