We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solitair holidays / Hotel bronze, Olu Deniz

benson4711
8 posts
Save Topic
Solitair holidays / Hotel bronze, Olu Deniz

Hi,

I was there last Summer and the hotel actually isn't exclusive to Solitair guests. There are rooms in the basement which are let out to some local workers, varying nationalities of paragliders and holidaying Turkish couples. So you will be sharing the facilities/pool area with them.

The hotel does have a great location, very near to the beach. If you like nightlife, you will have to go up to Hisoranou, as Olu Deniz itself is fairly quiet in the evenings. The hotel is very basic and expensive for what you get. The food is OK, edible, but nothing to write home about.

Adem and his girlfriend Helen, are great, so friendly and helpful.

Ladies...Beware of Hasan!!. He looks about 16 but don't let that fool you. He is very persistent, regardless of age or looks, as long as he thinks he'll get an end result. Which, he hopes will be in your room, when you come back tipsy! He will pursue you endlessly and try to woo you with roses and little presents etc...you know how it goes girls. Don't say that you haven't been warned!

Jade Residence
Jade Residence
#6 of 131 hotels in Oludeniz
Yalcin Hotel
Yalcin Hotel
#7 of 131 hotels in Oludeniz
The Pine Hill Hotel & Suites
The Pine Hill Hotel & Suites
#11 of 131 hotels in Oludeniz
Dorset
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Solitair holidays / Hotel bronze, Olu Deniz

I have just read your report and had been thinking of going there in the summer. Would you recommend it as your report didn't say. The impression I get from the brouchure is that you will have a fantastic house party with 15 other people. How many Solitaire guests were there? I am a 45 year old lady and certainly don't wont to be pestered by Hasan!

benson4711
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Solitair holidays / Hotel bronze, Olu Deniz

Hi,

Everyone else that was on holiday with me had been on singles holidays quite a few times and they all said that Solos were much better and that you got much more value for money. Also, they said that the standard of accommodation was much better with Solos. However, the hotel is in a great location, very close to the beach but it is very expensive for what you get. The hotel is very basic and the food is OK. Also, there are rooms in the basement that are rented out to other holidaymakers who are not with Solitair. Therefore the hotel is not exclusive, as advertised. I did have a good holiday but these are things to bear in mind if you decide to go ahead. If there's anything else I can help with, please let me know.

Dorset
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Solitair holidays / Hotel bronze, Olu Deniz

Hi

Thank you for your information. Please could you tell me the approximate ages of the guests and also whether there was an even number of men and women. Thanks!

Staffs, England
Level Contributor
328 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solitair holidays / Hotel bronze, Olu Deniz

I can recommend Friendship Travel, but their villa hotel is located in Ovacik so is closer to Hisaronu but Olu is easily accessible. I think they may be a bit more expensive than Solitair but it IS exclusive (only 18 rooms) and they do include wine and water with meals, which are excellent.

I am thinking of going to Hotel Mavi Belce with TraveOne - very good value at less than £650 for a fortnight at end of June. The hotel is not exclusive but it has excellent reviews on here. I travelled with them to Dalyan last year and it was very good - as good as Friendship Travel.

I have not used Solos or Solitair so I can't really compare. Age ranges were mixed from 30s up to 70s on both those holidays.

I would recommend and if I go away in June/July it will be with Travel One to Olu Deniz.

Mentioned in this post
Ovacik
Ovacik
Oludeniz, Turkey
Hotel Mavi Belce
Hotel Mavi Belce
459 Reviews
Oludeniz, Turkey
Dalyan
Dalyan
Mugla Province, Turkey
benson4711
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Solitair holidays / Hotel bronze, Olu Deniz

Hi Flinty,

The ages ranged from 30's up to late 70's and there were far more women than men. I believe that is generally the case.

6. Re: Solitair holidays / Hotel bronze, Olu Deniz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:49 pm, January 25, 2012
Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Solitair holidays / Hotel bronze, Olu Deniz

Hi.

I have never been with Solitair, but have seen their Brochure, I think they are some what expensive. When I asked for a Three week price, I was quoted nearly an extra £400.00p for the week. Which considering its Turkey is a bit steep. I have been with Friendship, they were OK & the food in their Villa was fantastic. My next holiday is with Travel One, so do not know what to expect. Just hope its OK.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Staffs, England
Level Contributor
328 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Solitair holidays / Hotel bronze, Olu Deniz

TravelOne are fine, same sort of crowd who use FT from my experience.

If you are going to Olu with them, the hotel and staff are very nice, lovely big pool area and nice rooms too. Hotel is very central, but not quite as central as the Bronze - but being a compact resort we're talking 30 seconds down the road!

I will say that apparently TravelOne specify the fortnightly menu to be cooked by the hotel and it's not fantastic. I found it okay but others ate out quite a lot. The other thing is the rep, whilst pleasant, is useless! It's certainly not what you will have had at the Villa Aurora. The staff at the hotel make up for her though.

All in all though, for the company and the location/hotel etc. I found them great, and so much cheaper than the others for Turkey holidays.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Solitair holidays / Hotel bronze, Olu Deniz

I absolutely love Olu Deniz & for the very first time had to travel alone. I sent off for Solitair & Travelones brochures thinking it'd be nice to have some company for meals,evenings,excursions etc. You do have to pay a reasonably big premium for the privilege of guaranteed company, which I guess is to be expected, so I ended up booking B+B at my fav hotel for the first 2 weeks in June-Twin for sole use,free aircon,plasma screen,mini bar etc for £500

(In the end a friend went at same time,different hotel,so I wasn't all alone) & had a great holiday. I know both singles operators holidays were half board but one of the joys of Olu Deniz for me is trying out different restaurants each night.

Anyway, it got me thinking, could us Olu loving singletons cut out the middle man & arrange things ourselves. As long as we arranged a travel date & meeting point in resort, we would be free to sort out our own accommodation,at our preferred hotel, to suit our own budgets,as Olu is such a compact resort but meet up for meals,trips & evenings.Basically we'd all be arranging our own holiday,package, independent or whatever, just knowing there'd be likeminded people to hang out with when we got there.

Does anyone else think this is a good idea, or am I barking??

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Solitair holidays / Hotel bronze, Olu Deniz

No Hollieday, you are not barking, but I think you will find it would not be easy to do.

I suppose, if you just gave a date to travel, & a place to meet up, then hopefully your fellow travellers would go there at the said date/time. But how would you know who had read your Blog, & who was there any way. You would have to have a symbol we could all recognise. It would be lovely if this could happen.