We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

compareing olu deniz to dalyan

london
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
compareing olu deniz to dalyan

Hi there,

my mum is looking to take the 4 of us (parents and my brother and i) to Turkey at the end of may 2008. My brother and I are early 30s and late 20s and my parents around 60, so obviously lots of clubs are a no, no for the parents and we would prefer somewhere with less children. We are a bit unsure of where to go but have narrowed it down to olu deniz and dalyan. Has anyone been to both? If so, any recommendation of which is best? Any tips on where to stay in each resort? There seems to be so much information and we are finding it a bit confusing but they both look lovely. Any tips would be greatly received

Thanks

nottingham/dalyan
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: compareing olu deniz to dalyan

Hi

Have been to both and prefer Dalyan - its a little more authentic, not just created for tourists, a little cheaper, less hassle, and less busy. Don't worry though, you could eat at a different place and drink at a different place every night, lively enough.

Local also tell me Dalyan is more pleasant in the summer due to almost always having a breeze - its in a vally.

Olu Deniz has the advantage of being right on the beach. I found the main beach nice, but the lagoon crowded and slick with sunscreen.

Dalyans beach is nice, just 20mins to get there, but a nice journey.

Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,413 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: compareing olu deniz to dalyan

Hi Kez - have you considered Kalkan? I think that it would fit your bill nicely....however it is quite hilly and might be unsuitable if your parents are very unfit....(without trying to sound rude :)) It will give you the nightlife you want and your parents equally nice bars to sit in and people watch and lovely rooftop restaurants to dine it. Great places to visit nearby. Quick tip - if you go - be careful about where you stay and try and stay as close to the village centre as possible - many villa/apartment owners claim their property is only 10 mins walk - but that is if you are a fit marathon runner...LOL!

Any further queries - just shout! However - whereever you go - you will enjoy - out of the 2 places you mention - I would prefer Dalyan....

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: compareing olu deniz to dalyan

If you're going for a fortnight, why not do a two centre holiday and stay in both. If not, you'll enjoy either. Tidus is right in saying that Ölüdeniz is more touristy (and expensive), but there are also a lot more sites/sights to see nearby than there are at Dalyan.

4. Re: compareing olu deniz to dalyan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, September 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations