We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Hotel

UK
1 post
Save Topic
White Hotel

Hi All new to forum so please be nice,

We are traveling to Olundeniz in July, we wil be staying in the White Hotel. When looking for review on this hotel we have been stopped at every corner - has anyone actually got an opinion on this hotel.. if so please let me know what you think - the good, bad and hopefully not too many ugly..

Many thanks in advance

RosieLangley

Save Reply
1. Re: White Hotel

Hi Rosie

New to Forum. I too am travelling to the White Hotel, but in September. I am taking young son. Could you let me know of the facilities they have for young children? I am a bit worried on the nearest supermarket for nappies too. Let me know how you get on. Hope you enjoy your holiday. I have not found any information on this hotel. I know it has been newly refurbished in 2005. That is all. I have searched Turkey websites too and nothing.

AnnaMacDonald

UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White Hotel

Hi,

Just come back from two weeks at the White Hotel. We were not meant to be staying there at all but were double-booked (a whole other story but we by no means the only ones!!). Although we were disappointed not to be in our first-choice hotel, we did think the White Hotel was very nice indeed and would have been very happy had we booked it in the first place.

It is very close to the centre of Olu Deniz and a 30 second walk away from the main drag with supermarkets, restaurants and bars. It is right opposite the Asena Beach hotel and next door to the Flying Dutchman and, as a consequence, it can be a bit noisy before midnight. However, the rules in Olu Deniz are very strict about noise and at midnight the noise stops dead.

There are two main buildings in the hotel plus the reception/restaurant building. We were upstairs in the block furtherest from reception and had a nice view across the resort and could - just - see the sea. Unlike some of the other hotels the view from the rooms at the White Hotel is very open - you can see across a large area and to the mountains.

The rooms are pretty basic, but they were kept clean and the cleaners were very nice and friendly. They made some really nice touches, like scattering fresh flowers on our bed after they'd changed the sheets. There is a hairdryer in the bathroom and in the bedroom a television (no British channels though) and fridge. There is a safe, but the hotel charges two quid a day so we didn't bother with that. My only gripe about the room was that the bed and pillow was hard, but that's it.

Breakfasts are between 8am and 10am and are the usual Turkish fayre: bread, cheese, olives, tomatoes, meats, honey, jams, plus cornflakes for the British. You could have as much as you like and there was no hurry to move on so we would often have leisurly breakfasts. We had a few meals there in the evenings, which were okay but nothing to rave about. The hotel does snacks like cheese on toast for lunch which is okay though.

The pool area is lovely and is made up of a main pool and a kiddies pool, plus a bar selling alcohol, soft drinks and ice creams. There is also a pool table. There were more than enough umbrellas and sun beds for the guests at the hotel and no need to run down at the crack of dawn to reserve a bed - which seemed to the case in one particular hotel at the resort!

The hotel is small - I think we were told that it accommodates up to 60 people. When we were there all of the guests were British, Turkish and Russian. The staff were brilliant - especially 'Dean' who is one of the general assistants there (Dean isn't his real name but one of our fellow guests thought he looked like his grandson of the same name and it stuck - he loved it). He was fantastic with all the children staying at the hotel, making a huge fuss of them all.

It is a nice, basic, hotel and I hope you have as good a holiday there as we did. Don't forget to say hello to Dean.

UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: White Hotel

Forgot to mention...there is also a tiny area behind reception with swings, slide and see-saw. We don't have kids so I can't advise you on buying nappies but there are a few supermarkets in the resort and they seemed to sell a decent range of products. Careful in the sea with kids - it becomes very deep very quickly!

Save Reply
4. Re: White Hotel

Thank you so much for the information. You have put my mind at ease on what to expect and what facilities they have.

Many thanks

AnnaMacDonald and Family

UK
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: White Hotel

Hi Also new to the forum, in reply to AnnaMacDonalds message.

I'm also staying at the White Hotel Oludeniz in July with my young son. So hopefully I will be able to help you out with where to purchase nappies & facilities etc.

I will post again when I come back.

Regards

Marie

Save Reply
6. Re: White Hotel

Hi MarieF

Thanks so much. That will be brilliant. I have been on holiday but not with a young child.

Thanks ever so much

AnnaMacDonald

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: White Hotel

Hya. I am staying at the Asena beach with 15 month old daughter and need to know if you can buy cows milk, or is it goats milk? This is for her bottles. Might sound like a daft question but something we need to know. Thanks for any help.

UK
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: White Hotel

Hi Rosie, hope you had a great holiday! What was your impression of the white hotel? Do you have any direct contact details for the white hotel i.e web address/e-mail contacts.

My friends and I are hoping to book the white hotel for next year after a visit to olu deniz this year. We took a look around the hotel and it appeared to have a very friendly, relaxed atmosphere.

somerset
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: White Hotel

Hello Rosie,

I am in a similar situation to you - there are no reports on the White Hotel! We're going in September and I have never been to Turkey before and I wondered if perhaps after your visit you could give me some tips/advice about the resort and feedback on the hotel?

Thank you for your time,

Becky

Save Reply
10. Re: White Hotel

Hi all,

I too am going to the White Hotel in September. I am hoping to get some information before I go. Just a few questions if anyone can answer them. Where is the nearest Supermarket from the White Hotel? Do they sell Nappies for toddlers and cows milk?

If anyone can let me know that would be a great help.

Regards

AnnaMacDonald