We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving in Oludeniz

Kent
2 posts
Save Topic
Diving in Oludeniz

Hello all,

I am going to Olu' at the butt end of October and definately want to get some diving in (scuba)

Has anybody been if so what are the recommendations, I am an advanced open water diver but with only 11 dives under the belt.

Would appreciate any advice.

Mike

GFS
Living in...
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving in Oludeniz

Hi there

I highly recommend going with European Diving Centre - they do 3 dives as standard - others seem to just do 2 a day. The staff are fantastic and incredibly attentive. Im not sure if Im allowed to post a link in here - so do a search for European Dive Centre, Olu Deniz. If you havent dived for 6 months or so they might insist you do a scuba tune up.

They are slightly more expensive than others but they are a PADI Five Star IDC centre. They had a small shop front near to the secret garden this year - but do seem to move around. There proper cenrte is in Fetiyhe and they do pick you up and drop you off. You can contact them via the web in Manchester for any queries and they are very good at getting back to you with info.

Happy diving!

Maidstone, Kent
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving in Oludeniz

Hi Mike,

I'm in OluDeniz for the first week of October and will be doing some diving with Med Diving (Dive Med - www.meddiving.com/main ) so will be able to let you know what they are like - they are on the Olu Deniz beach.

Will also be doing my Nitrox Speciality with them so will be able to let you know how they are for training (if you fancy doing any specialities out there)

Drop me an email on or around the 10th of October and i'll let you know

K

yorkshire
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving in Oludeniz

aey up all

going to olu end sept begin oct also interested in divin

we went to koz in may but only did one dive as the water was freezing and the wet suits supplied wernt up to much

will the sea be warm???

is there any good dive sites???

we went to olu in 2005 but didnt do any diving,we are both open water divers 10 & 15 dives

Would appreciate any advice.

thanks steve

midlands
Level Contributor
90 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving in Oludeniz

I echo the opnions of the European Dive Centre. They pick you up fro Olu about 8pm. Three dives a day off large boat, lunch on board, plenty of space. I never thought I would do my open water, but they filled me with pasion and gave me such support. Staff are excellent. Equipment hire price and dive price exccellent. The more dievs you do the cheaper it works out per dive. My husband did his advanced course there when i did my O.W, he echoes what I say about the team there. I have just done my AOW course in Greece and know I would have benefited more doing it with the EDC. I have booked to go back to Olu next year, and will definately be back diving with them. If you would like to get in touch with Gill direct in Fethiye send me a P.m and I will give u her address. Corrina

5. Re: Diving in Oludeniz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, September 10, 2009