We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any advice please!

NORTHERN IRELAND
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Any advice please!

Hi there,

I am fortunate to have been to Olu Deniz 3 times before but have not been for several years (mainly end May) but we are heading off for 2 weeks at end of Sept to Belcekiz.

As we now have a 5 month old baby-does anyone have any advice for travelling, feeding , sterlising, sun etc?

I love sunbathing but feel that cant do that now as no idea how to keep baby out of sun etc whilst I bake!?? has anyone managed to achieve this?

Have to admit to being bit of control freak and like to be organised for all eventualities!

Also with the US dollar being so good at moment-is it better to take sterling or buy US dollars here ,and take with us for better exchange rate?

Christchurch...
Level Contributor
743 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any advice please!

Hi topgun71

Firstly you have made the right choice in going at the end of September rather than the hottest summer months.

Whilst i havnt ever taken any of my children abroad as babies. i know that i did buy last summer a brilliant sun shield that fits over most puschairs/prams and blocks the sun out. It is made of stretchy material and folds into a small bag.

Whilst you wont be able to sunbathe as usual, im sure that you will still get a tan through just walking around.

Its probably best to take plenty of vests for baby to wear as it will keep him/her cooler.

Have you looked at travel sterilisers? If not maybe you could take some sterilising tablets and use your sink to sterilise bottles?

I know that you can buy small travel kettles,but you may be able to organise something with the hotel/accomodation you are staying in.

I think that as long as you follow all the sensible precautions of keeping baby cool and out of direct sun with plenty of fluids then you will be fine.

Have a great holiday!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any advice please!

Take sterling.

By the time you've paid the commission on buying USD and then more commission to change that into YTL you'll probably have lost any advantage.

NORTHERN IRELAND
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any advice please!

Thanks for your advice folks-good to know someone else can help you out if need!

Roll on end Sept.........buzz bar here we come!

4. Re: Any advice please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, September 08, 2009