We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel?

UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel?

I am torn between the Sun City in Olu Deniz and Montana Pine Resort in Hisaronu. I have read the reviews but what does everyone else think?

Cheshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel?

Hi

My wife and i went to the montana pine last year and loved it to be honest. The food was great the service from the staff was second to none. It is a little hilly but thats just a small price to pay for the setting. just to finaly say that we are about to go back on the 7th of next month for our second visit.Hope this helps.

Christchurch...
Level Contributor
743 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel?

I think it all depends on whether you want to be in the centre of olu deniz itself with everything it has to offer or out of olu deniz in more of a complex type place which is what montana pine is.

Personally id rather be in the heart of the resort and would choose olu deniz.

derby
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel?

Stayed at the sun city twice.... but only because i got a cheap late deal. The location is ideal... mins walk to shops etc and beach.

But would not pay full price for the hotel. Its pretty, rooms are ok.....but dont accept a downstairs room, they are very musty. The service and food/drinks leave a lot to be desired if you are full inc. Would be ideal if you get a cheap deal or room only.

Montana Pine is beautiful.... only reservation that it is isolated.

If you want to be in the middle of olu deniz and get a cheap deal...do sun city.

Otherwise i would def. go for montana pine .... theres always the local buses or taxis to get you into town.

Hope this helps

UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel?

Thanks for your advice! Montana Pine appealed to me as I quite fancy a relaxing holiday this time round but I was concerned it was a bit too isolated. Could I walk to things like the beach and shops or would I need to get a taxi or bus?

Cheshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel?

The montana pine is about 20mins walk away from hisanaro. We did it every other day for the excersie as the food is so good here. There is a hotel bus that goes into Olue Denize during the day. My advice is to give it a try

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,679 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel?

Olu Deniz is on the coast, with a long beach and the beautiful Blue Lagoon you see in all the Turkey posters. Hisaronu is up in the hills, but transport to and from Olu Deniz is easy (and cheap) by dolmus (minibus).

Northampton
Level Contributor
7 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel?

If you want relaxing it has to Monatana Pine. Food/service is excellent. It is a bit away from things as previously stated but thats the appeal. Basically it is quiet but no hassle getting to the resorts. 20mins walk and you are into hisaronu. We used to walk down and taxi back (approx £2). Olu deniz can be reached using the free hotel bus.

We have been 3 times and plan to go again next year.

8. Re: Which hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, September 08, 2009