We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dont take this taxi: 48 T 3351

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
eindhoven
6 posts
Save Topic
Dont take this taxi: 48 T 3351

Hello everyone,

I just want to say please don't take this taxi-48 T 3351-it may save your life. We were going to Dalaman Airport from Oludeniz and took this taxi for 80 YTL. At first everything seemed okay but then it was the most scary car drive for us. Driver was sleepy or sth else -heat, alchohol etc.- he never checked the mirrors, he hardly turned in the winding roads, always changed the line without obeying any basic traffic rule. Couple of times we almost hit to other cars. We told him to be careful several times and we were not in a hurry but he accused the other drivers. Then near Gocek we crashed to a little column which stands at the edge of the road and it saved us otherwise we would drive out of the road and would fall to the ground some meters lower than the road. We warned him again, he was little bit more careful afterwords but that's all. Please take this serious. I am actually kind of used to crazy drivers cause I lived in istanbul for many years but around Fethiye, Oludeniz, Dalyan taxis r even worse than İstanbul. This was the worst taxi experience in my life. Please warn the driver in such cases, pay the money at the end, take the plate number and ofcourse it would be helpful to know some turkish to warn the driver. Here r some phrases:

Yavas surun lutfen! Please drive slowly

or

Yavaslayin lutfen! Slow down please!

or simply

Yavas! (s at the end sounds like sh)

Dur! Stop!

Inmek istiyorum. I want to get off.

I wish safe travels to everybody!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,004 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dont take this taxi: 48 T 3351

Hello Sopita,

I think this is a very important post, I am curious, did you take the taxi from Dalaman airport of did it come from Ölüdeniz to pick you up?

If it was an airport taxi I guess you could also complain there.

The Dalaman taxi's are too expensive compared to taxi's from Fethiye.

Thank you!

eindhoven
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dont take this taxi: 48 T 3351

Hello VillaRhapsody,

We took the taxi from Oludeniz to Dalaman Airport. And I think I saw the logo of Oludeniz taxi cooperative union on the taxi's right-front door. So it was not an airport taxi. I dont have the cooperative's number so didnt call and complain to them. Actually I dont think that complaining will help..

Thanks..

3. Re: Dont take this taxi: 48 T 3351

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, September 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz