We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SPF enquiry

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
SPF enquiry

Hi all,

Have just read a post from BettyBee saying how hot it is out there at the moment and now i'm starting to worry a bit.....

going to Olu Deniz on the 9th August, have got factor 25 + 30 for Husband and kids, but have just bought Puiz Buin factor 15 SPF for myself, I already have bit of tan and dont really burn...... Am I mad using SPF 15 for myself?

any advice greatly recieved.

also, I know its been asked loads before but....... Will we have big problem with mosquitoes and what should i do? use plug in room or spary for legs or both??

Cheers all.

Christchurch...
Level Contributor
743 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SPF enquiry

Hı Feejay

Yes ıt ıs ıncredıbly hot here at the moment, but the factor that you are brıngıng sounds absolutely fıne. Make sure though that you bring enough lotion as we bought three bottles but ran out and had to buy some here, which was expensive. The last tıme that we came to olu deniz was ın August, but ıt was not as hot as it ıs thıs tıme around. We didnt brıng a plug ın thıs tıme around and havnt had a huge problem wıth mosquıtoes.

London, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SPF enquiry

hi Bettybee,

I'm soo jelous, you are there NOW and i'm in Boring old soggy England! cant wait to get out there! not long now!

Thanks for advice, will stick to the factor 15, have got six bottles for three people so far,(two each) will that be enuf for two weeks?

Will prob still buy the mozzie plug thing just in case.

Have a fun time!

Feejay.x

somerset
Level Contributor
127 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SPF enquiry

hi feejay, i was talking to a friend last night who is going to egypt and she has bought some sort of wrist band from asda that is meant to help with the mozzies?? not sure if these are any good but i know she only paid about £2.00 for each one.

Worth ago for a couple of quid?

I used factor 50 on my boys (both ginger headed) and they did not burn at all, just kept on topping the sun cream up throughout the day as they where in and out of the pool all the time.

sharon

London, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SPF enquiry

hi Sweetbabes,

The wrist band idea sounds good, will check it out, not normally bitten but people seem to mention it as being bit of problem in Olu?

Cheers.

Feejay.x

Christchurch...
Level Contributor
743 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SPF enquiry

Hi Feejay

We have just got back a couple of hours ago from a wonderful holiday in turkey.

Its been very hot (on tuesday 55!) even people that live in turkey have said they have not known it like this for quite some time. but good news is that it is supposed to be cooling down a bit.

My husband who usually suffers terribly with mozzy bites didnt suffer much at all. I had a couple of bites but wasnt a problem for us. I think the amount of suntan cream sounds ok. are you going for a week?

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,556 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SPF enquiry

Hi, just back from Gumbet on Monday HOT HOT HOT!!! I used spf 40 then 30 for my 2 boys 14 & 12. went through 3 bottles between them in 2 weeks. Neither of them burnt but I made sure they had plenty on and sat in the shade til it dried in. Also reapply after swimming.I went to the sunbed 6 times b4 I went and used carrot oil. But I always tan easily and hardly ever burn.As 4 mossies we had 3 bites between 4 of us. Buy anti histamine tabs and take one a day. I got asda own brand for 87p compared to big names which can b about £3. I discovered last year about them as I get heat rash on my back and took ah tabs 4 that. I didnt get bitten once but my partner was covered in them, this year he got 1 bite as he took the tabs too!

London, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SPF enquiry

Hi Guys,

Thanks for posts, sorry not to reply sooner,

Bettybe we are going for two weeks, Sounds soo hot, am getting a bit worried as other half not the greatest sun worshipper werease i am more of the Judith Chalmers school of Tanning, seriously i have promised myself that i will use a sensible sun factor and just be happy with a golden tan and not burnt orange as i have seen a few ladies recently!

So if you take antihistamine tabs throughout the holiday you wont get bitten?

Did you both have a great time? are there any must do's for us Olu Deniz newbies, any tips would be great. We are Mum, Dad, Son 16 daughter 15

Thanks Feejay.x

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,556 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SPF enquiry

I know the AH tabs certainly worked for us, although I suppose it depends on things like being near trees. Some people attract mossies whatever they use! Definately give it a try though, start taking them a few dayd b4 you go and one a day when you're there. We're going back in 2 weeks and I've got mine ready!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: SPF enquiry

I don't think the antihystamine tabs stop you getting bitten so much as they stop the bites bothering you - ie coming up, oozing or itching.

Pamukkale
Level Contributor
62 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SPF enquiry

does anyone know the name of the anthyistmine tablets that you can buy from the turkish pharmacies...the best one?? thanks...sorry for being off topic :)