We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

turkish bath

Kent
3 posts
Save Topic
turkish bath

hi we are traveling to olu deniz next week n and have read lots of reviews recommending turkish baths would love to experience this during first few days, we have never been to turkey before and would appreciate any advice of where to go for this any information much appreciated thanks

fife
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: turkish bath

I went to a turkish bath which was part of the Orca complex in Ovacik, we paid 20 quid and its a great experience, would do it again when i go back in september, give it a go its wonderfully relaxing.

Mentioned in this post
Ovacik
Ovacik
Oludeniz, Turkey
Christchurch...
Level Contributor
747 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: turkish bath

We are actually holıdayıng ın olu at the moment,and after lookıng round at a few places for turkısh bath we went to the old orıgınal baths ın Fethıye. Fantastıc! The place was buılt ın the 1400s and ıt ıs sooo much more of an authentıc experıence that some of these modern purpose buıld baths that are buılt ınto hotel complexes. My husband had a head massage afterwards and saıd ıt was great.

We bought two bars of olıve soap too and the whole total came to around 28 pounds. The workers there were fantastıc too..so hospıtable. It was well worth the bus rıde ınto fethıye. You wıll fınd ıt ın the old bazzar close to the harbour.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: turkish bath

Go to the Kaya Haman on the Saniye ( Industrial Area ) near the Otogar ( Bus Station )in Fethiye and it'll only cost 20 YTL ( £7.70) per person !

Mentioned in this post
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,471 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: turkish bath

Sorry, one more opinion, the best hamam I visited was definitely in Green Forest Hotel (no opinion here about the hotel, they work independently).

I agree an old building ads to the hamam feeling, but a good professional masseur is 90% more important, the one there come from Gaziantepe and grew litteral up in a hamam where his mother worked. There is also a woman there if you prefer woman's hand for a massage.

Betty... buy the olive oil soaps in the supermarket, so much more cheaper.

Enjoy your holiday, hot isn't it!

Mentioned in this post
Green Forest Hotel
Green Forest Hotel
2,006 Reviews
Oludeniz, Turkey
Kent
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: turkish bath

Thanks everyone for all the good advice we cant wait flying out tomorrow evening

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
7,138 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: turkish bath

bump

7. Re: turkish bath

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 23, 2009