We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lykia World transfers

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Somerset
Level Contributor
155 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Lykia World transfers

Hello everybody.

I will be travelling to Lykia World in about 10 ten days with my wife & 2 girls (7 & 5) and while transfers from the airport are included in the package price I hate taking coach transfers and the 2-3 hour journey fills me with dread (even though I am from Australia - living in UK now - and am used to long trips to get anywhere)

Anyway I am condsidering booking a private taxi transfer through Dalaman Airport Transfers as the price of 80gbp return seems reasonable and apparently it only takes an hour. So I was wondering if anyone has used this company and can tell me if they are reputable. Also how do you find them at the airport? Will they be waiting at the arrival gates?

Thanks for any advice. Really looking forward to the trip. We are staying in Lykia World Village. Have no idea what sort of room we will get. I was told it is a family room but who knows. Hope the kids like the place.

Cheers

Andrew

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,311 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lykia World transfers

Not used them as we use Orange who charge £45 each way for a minibus for 4. It takes just over an hour to Lykia World. Good move though as the coach transfer is a real pain.

All the taxi companies have someone standing outside luggage reclaim with your name on a sign.

Its a great hotel. I'm sure you will love it.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
8,971 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lykia World transfers

Hi Andrew,

so far the best price is given by www.fethiyelovers.com

should be not more than 75 GBP for the 4 of you. And you do not need to worry, it is a very good company, we work with them for several years. And as a new law in the area provides that none of the transfer busses is older than 5 years they come with a very luxurious mini or midibus.

Good luck!

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,311 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lykia World transfers

Hi Villarhapsody

would that price be for a private transfer fo just your party or would you be expected to share?

Thanks

TGW

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
8,971 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lykia World transfers

Hello TGW,

as far as I know they charge this for the return transfer to Kaya Koy, up to 4 people in a minibus, also like you say no long waiting times, on your arrival and check out they are there waiting with a sign with your names writen.

I do think it is a bit odd that Lykia does not arrange private transfers in case their customers prefer this.

I would suggest though to check with them as Lykia is a bit out of Ölüdeniz too.

Cheers.

surrey
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lykia World transfers

Just about Lykia world, i have been there 3 years ago and going back in about 3 weeks time.

I stayed in a family room last time, they have more then enough space for 4 people, and they are well furnished, some have stunning views looking over sea, others just over the beautiful surroundings.

Enjoy!

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,311 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lykia World transfers

Villarhapsody

Lykia World do indeed offer private transfers. The price has always put me off though. I can't remember exactly how much it was the last time I enquired, but it was significantly higher than arranging it myself.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lykia World transfers

You could also try Stress Free Tours who are based in Gocek. I know people who use them all the time and they certainly are reliable as well as the cars being immaculate. Their web site is very well organised and clear too.

Apparently they will collect/return to all airports in the area - Dalaman, Bodrum, Izmir, Antalya, and quote Eur 115 for Fethiye return and Euro 130 for OluDeniz return to/from Dalaman.

Scotland
Level Contributor
354 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lykia World transfers

There are 6 of us and we used Lykia Worlds private mini bus service last time and are using it again this time - so much quicker and convenient. Think it costs around £60 (£10 p/p for an hours drive is not too bad).

co wicklow
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Lykia World transfers

Hello Andrew. hope you and your wife, and 2 little girls have a great hloiday. I am booked to go imnsept with my son and grandson and really lookinf forward to it, as most of the reviews are brilliant, but I would love to hear from you on your return the bad points as well as the good ones.. Ta. looking forward to your report. Enjoy Regards Anndavena.

Somerset
Level Contributor
155 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lykia World transfers

Thanks for the advice everyone. I have booked with Dalaman transfers. They came across as very professional and it was 80gbp return for 4 of us.

Can't wait to go. Only concern I have now is that the Lykia World brochure says that they do not turn on the air conditioning in your rooms until July and it is forecast to be 37 degrees celcius on Monday!!!

Andrew