We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the resort - bars/hotels all open now in April??

Kent
2 posts
Save Topic
Is the resort - bars/hotels all open now in April??

Hi there!!!

Does anyone know if everything will be open next week in Olu Deniz or Hisaranu??? I fancy flying out on Monday - but don't want it to be lifeless!! HELP BEFORE I BOOK SOMEHTING!!!! Also which is the better resort out of the 2???

UK
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the resort - bars/hotels all open now in April??

Both resorts will be the the last stages of setting up for the season.

There won't be as much 'life' in either till later but the advantage is that you will get personal service most places.

Olu Deniz has grown over the past few years and now has many hotels, bars and restaurants similar but newer than Hisaronu. Its also got a great beach.

Hisaronu has, if either, the more character having emerged from an old hillside village. More restaurants, clubs and bars and is a little more spread out. Hard to say which is 'better'. Hisaronu may be slightly less expensive in hotels but in Olu Deniz most hotels are newish.

Halifax Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the resort - bars/hotels all open now in April??

It is the easter hols so may be more folk than normal for this time of year around, but it wont be bouncing, the weather could be unpredictable, so take some warm clothes as well, nights chilly. I would stay in Oul, if it is too quite, get the bus down in to Fethyie, not far away and this is a local town on the harbour so active all year round. If it is a cheapy I say go for it, if not I would wait until June.

widnes england
Level Contributor
159 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the resort - bars/hotels all open now in April??

Hi Pertica

as pointed out earlier it's a swings and roundabouts thing.

Swings are you have the place to yourself -ish, and it is blissful with personal service and lots of room everywhere. Roundabouts, well I have to honestly say all will not be open inc 2 of my fave places Buz bar and Cruesos ( they just may be- but I doubt it ).

I usually go out last week in April to clean out my apartment with my dad in Hisaronu ( wife / family stay at home )and the resorts are just opening up but I can honestly say it's my fave time of the year ( weather pending ). Are you with family or a couple, that may be the crux. I am going May 21st with family which is all open and yet still relaxed in fact blissful.

All said I can't see anybody not enjoying Olu at anytime but it would be a shame to go if it is half shut -although the season is starting a little earlier every year beginning of April may just be a little too early.

Fethiye does not really have a season so all will be open there and there is a lovely marina with bars and restaurants on the sea, it's also very warm there so may feel like June!

Sorry just being honest.

Really hope you enjoy if yoy go, if you need anymore advice just post

ok.

widnes england
Level Contributor
159 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the resort - bars/hotels all open now in April??

Forgot to add Buz bar and Cruesos's are in Oludeniz, Hisaronu is a little busier plus as mentioned before Easter may lead to places opening earlier.

Personally I prefer Oludeniz but it may be better up Hisaronu as regards places open. Oludeniz is a beach resort and a warmer than Hisaronu which is a mountain resort albeit also has wonderful views.

www.oludeniz.com

www.oludenizbeach.com

www.hisaronu.co.uk

it's only a short bus ride between the two, Fethiye is another 15 mins by bus

5. Re: Is the resort - bars/hotels all open now in April??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:30 am, August 29, 2009