We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lykia residence - booked - cant go ADVICE NEEDED

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fife, Scotland
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Lykia residence - booked - cant go ADVICE NEEDED

I have put a deposit down to go to Lykia residence Turkey 25th May from Edinburgh for 2 weeks. The full amount of £733 each is due at the end of the month.

To cut a long story short - my partner and I have split up and obviously he refuses to go. Therefore I am going to lose my deposit (£260

Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can refrain from losing this ie name change, sell to someone etc

I would be very grateful for any comments and am gutted that i will not be able to go.................

many many thanks

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,426 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lykia residence - booked - cant go ADVICE NEEDED

Who have you booked with? If a TO they might let you change your entire holiday for a fee. Otherwise could you not do a name change and go with a friend?

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lykia residence - booked - cant go ADVICE NEEDED

most tour operators will do a name change for around £15, it is cheaper than changing your whole holiday as this works out quite expensive. when you put your deposit down did you sign any documents as sometimes they try and make you liable for the full amount even if you are not going!

are you going to take someone else with you? or are you going to try to sell it?

the only other thing you could try is to change the date of travel, this normally costs around £30 each dependant on the operator and it is payable at the time you change it.

hope this info is of some help to you?

Fife, Scotland
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lykia residence - booked - cant go ADVICE NEEDED

Thanks for the help. Its hard finding someone else at this short notice so Im either going to have to do a name change or just cancel and lose my deposit. I think its unlikley that i can find a willing travel buddy which is such a pity. Never mind.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,426 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lykia residence - booked - cant go ADVICE NEEDED

Have you considered going alone? Lykia World is a very secure sort of place and you might meet lots of new people?

Fife, Scotland
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lykia residence - booked - cant go ADVICE NEEDED

Tomorrow is the deadline for paying up so I might pay it all and at least have 6 weeks to find someone or go myself. Im that determined Im going to Lykia world as it sounds absolutely wonderful. Can peeps let me know if going 25th May till 8th June and want to adopt a friend?? (Im a very sane normal friendly young 26 year old woman)

Many thanks xxx

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
110 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lykia residence - booked - cant go ADVICE NEEDED

I'll be in Olu Deniz from 18th to 29th May - happy to meet up for an evening at Crusoes. from 18th to 25th I'm at the Olu Deniz Resort and then 25th til 29th in their villa up the hill but we will come down to the beah area each evening to sip coctails at Crusoes or chill at the Beach Bars.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lykia residence - booked - cant go ADVICE NEEDED

Hi Missy: I wanted to wish you a good trip to Olu Deniz. i hope you meet someone fabulous in Turkey. As a mother of 6 I have seen my children go through similar break ups and it ALWAYS WORKED OUT FOR THE BEST, so listen to old LemonLady and go and enjoy yourself, talk to people, see the sights and buy yourself a great present. Happy Travel, LL

Lancashire
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lykia residence - booked - cant go ADVICE NEEDED

I went on my own to Lykia World last year and had a superb time - so much so I'm going again in two weeks. You'll be fine if you're on your own (but I'm sure paying for it twice isn't nice) - you'll just have to get the most for your money and have a really great time.

Fife, Scotland
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lykia residence - booked - cant go ADVICE NEEDED

Edder - what was it like then last year? Are you a very outgoing type and make friends easily? Im a but lacking in confidence at the thought as I can be quiet sometimes. But I was determined I was going on this holiday no matter what. Am even going to try sky diving and try to live alittle when Im there. Let me know how you get on again and give me some helpful info

h x

Lancashire
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Lykia residence - booked - cant go ADVICE NEEDED

I'm about your age, a girl, and not massively outgoing, and I honestly didn't have any problems.

It's always the same people in the same spots by the pool or the beach, so you get to know their faces and say hello. Go to your tour rep introduction meeting and you might meet people there which is nice at the start of your holiday and will give you a boost. You do have to be a bit more out going in that you've got to initiate the contact, or if you get talking to someone - and if you want to - suggest you see them for a drink at the bar in the evening... just be a bit more proactive. Everyone's friendly.

I had a good time - but I went for peace and quiet so wasn't too bothered if I was on my own or not. If you're doing any of the activities (and there are loads) you won't be the only person on your own, a lot of families split up and do their own thing so you will often see people going to those solo. The para-gliding is amazing to watch, that will be ace.

I'll be there for two weeks this time (only went 7 nights last year) so I'll have to see if I can cope for that long!!

The only thing I was bothered about was meal times and sitting on my own, but it really wasn't too bad - the only thing I would mention about that is to take something like a book to leave in your place when you go up to get something else, or you'll find someone has taken your table half way through your meal!

Feel free to send me a message if you want any other info.

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz