We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Refurbishments or new hotels 2014 anyone know?

Which Belek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,208 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Refurbishments or new hotels 2014 anyone know?

Just wondered if anyone had heard of any planned hotel changes for 2014

I know Voyage got the cobra slide, Laguna villas and refurbished decking for 2013 and the Xanadu got a new larger lobby bar

Some reviews said furnishings are tired looking at the Gloria Verde

Any news may well help me choose where to book my next trip

In Lara Beach - Sherwood Breezes & Liberty are having major renovations and I'd heard Barut Lara is getting a refurb too. I guess the Baia Lara had a makeover after the fire!

Thanks, Angela

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,088 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Refurbishments or new hotels 2014 anyone know?

Hi Angela

The Baia was renovated before the smoke damage, it was a generator that caused the problem. The hotel was being used again quite quickly.

Yes the Barut Lara is being renovated and the Barut Hemera in Side.

Xanadu had some work on a pool and other areas !

See you have booked it.is it for a week?

Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,208 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Refurbishments or new hotels 2014 anyone know?

Hi Ann, yes booked Xanadu for 1 week in Sept - still looking for another option with my parents for mid-July, but prices rocket for school holidays, begrudge paying £5k when the same hotel is half that in May or Sept. They like a smallish (up to 400 rooms) with lots of greenery and being 70ish not too much noise. I think they'd love the Barut Lara, is it worth the extra? Wish the schools let us have more than 5 per cent absence, thanks Ann, regards Angela

manchester
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Refurbishments or new hotels 2014 anyone know?

Hi ,

just had a look at fact sheet for the new carya regnum , sounds right up our street toady lol.

due to open april next year but doesn't seem to be with any of the main tour operators yet .

looks and sounds a bit maxx royal .

karen

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,088 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Refurbishments or new hotels 2014 anyone know?

Hi Karen,

Yes another to add to list no doubt!

If send you a pm please can you forward the factsheet to me?

Palazzo is starting to get some great reviews and Maxx Royal at number 5 !

Marie got me well and truly excited about that !

Might be able to go and see it when we are at the VB in April.

Ann

Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,208 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Refurbishments or new hotels 2014 anyone know?

Hi Karen - wow it looks amazing - will have a look into that, it's on booking.com, thanks Angela

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,088 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Refurbishments or new hotels 2014 anyone know?

Hi Angela

The Barut is more or less flat and the golf buggy might suit your parents !

Depends how much extra it is but all standard rooms are going to have walk in showers in the main hotel.

The hotel gets a lot of long stay OAP's from Germany in winter and the baths were are quite deep so maybe why.

My dad loved it and was 80 when we took him.

I have read your VB and was surprised you booked it again!

Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,208 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Refurbishments or new hotels 2014 anyone know?

Hi Ann - thank you - I think the Barut Lara was about 10 per cent more than others on our wish list - so it's still a serious contender with my parents.

I've just re-read my voyage review and I'd forgotten a few niggles, at the time it was voted best hotel in Turkey, not just Belek, so I had high expectations and it didn't offer poolside drinks service and extra touches we'd had at the Delphins so lost points on that front, I still believe there are better hotels than Voyage when it comes to service, food and decor but I don't think of it as a bad hotel and the children loved it and that influenced re-booking plus the price was exceptionally good and we got a suite. We're returning to Delphin Diva in August and Xanadu for the first time in sept, as you know, but am undecided about July - IC Green Palace is £900 cheaper than Barut Lara but I'm nervous of booking - is it a case of you get what you pay for?

With so many lovely hotels on offer it will take me a good few years to work my way through them! That's why I appreciate experienced TA members like you steering us in the right direction

Changing the flow slightly - my neighbour is Monarch cabin crew and she has just told me easy jet summer 14 goes on sale tomorrow

Thanks again Ann

Best wishes, Angela

manchester
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Refurbishments or new hotels 2014 anyone know?

Hi toady , got your pm but am rubbish with doing links etc .

found it on visitantalya . com , if you look further down the info page of the hotel you will see the fact sheet to download .

Hi angela ,

at the bottom of the fact sheet there are about 4 artist impressions of the slides including a massive wave pool and a surfing pool ! don't know how old your kids are but my 12 yr old looked and is pleading with me to book lol , wont be next year though as got all our holidays booked .

thanks for the headsup on easyjet might take a look tomorrow for a sneaky child free week next sept .

karen

Banstead, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
5,208 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Refurbishments or new hotels 2014 anyone know?

Thanks Karen - my eldest is 12 - so with a bit of arm twisting we might see you there!

I was researching sept 14 earlier this week and Susesi & Gloria Verde were costing less than usual with Thomas Cook - but hubby preferred the Xanadu pool but my 12 yr old wanted the Susesi witch Boiler - can't keep everyone happy! But none of these hotels are a hardship LOL - good luck with your easy jet search x Angela

leeds
Level Contributor
424 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Refurbishments or new hotels 2014 anyone know?

www.golftoursturkey.com/index.php…

Hi Toady don't know if the link will open but they've got a facebook page too. It's the one the chap from the golfing company said was set to be fabulous when we were there & the boys saw it being built when they played the carya. i really fancy a week here next Sept if we don't go to Lindos as I bet it will go up loads the year after.