We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paloma Grida

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Paloma Grida

Having just booked a family holiday at the Paloma Grida for next July I am starting to worry as the reviews in the last week have just changed dramatically from very good or excellent, to average or even poor. What has gone wrong? We've chosen this hotel after enjoying our holiday this summer at the Paloma Renaissance in Beldibi and were hoping another Paloma would be similar.

Can anyone reassure me?

Worksop
Level Contributor
131 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Paloma Grida

We are travelling in three weeks time as a family of 3. I'm already preparing to politely reject their initial room offer if its not one of the refurbished ones within the main complex. We have paid a third of what we paid back in May half-term for Cancun so I'm not expecting 5 star luxury, however I know nice rooms exist in this resort and I intend to try and get one, even if it takes an hour or so of 'negotiation' at the front desk!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Paloma Grida

Hi WorksopBlue,

Good luck with your room negotiations, I'll be interested to hear how you get on.

Enjoy your holiday,

Em

h g
england
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Paloma Grida

We went to paloma grida in aug13 and im sure you will love it yes the rooms could do with an update but i think thats been done while its closed untill april it is VERY clean and the people are lovely we will be returning next year dont listen to much to reviews everybody has different ideas and tastes wer just a normal family and we had a lovely time weather, food, everything hope this helps .The family rooms are the ones outside of main building there the ones everyones complaining about we had one with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms it was lovely alot quieter than rooms on main part of village thomas cook always allocate these rooms to their customers and unfortunately its only thomas cook which go there from england, so if you want to go to paloma ur stuck with thomas cook . another tip is thier is a atm just outside and you get alot better rate on lira in turkey than taking with you from here . happy hoildays

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Paloma Grida

Hi h g,

Thanks for your reply. I've just read your review on the Grida and I'm sure the rooms won't be a problem for us. We stayed at the Paloma Renaissance in Beldibi back in July and loved the fact that our room was quiet and shady, and it sounds like the Grida is much the same. We have booked for next July and are really looking forward to it. I've been keeping an eye on another thread on this forum "Grida Village" where Michele is asking if anyone knows about refurbishments happening there this winter. Do you know for certain that the rooms are being improved or any other details on whats happening there?

Em

h g
england
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Paloma Grida

hello The rooms at the front that thomas cook quests get are being re done over winter ,The manager at PG is fed up with the complaints that they are shabby so i have read that they are been refurbished, when we were there lots of people were complaining about them . block 26 where we wer was fine

2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms and big lounge area with two big sofas . if your not happy with your room just tell reception they will offer you different ones. Im looking at paloma oceana also with thomas cook that was completely redone in 2012 , but would still go back to grida in a flash watch out for the drinks they fill the glass half full with alcohol !! lol

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Paloma Grida

Hi h g,

That sounds like good news, those rooms seem to be the only thing people are moaning about.

We had trouble deciding between the Grida and the Oceana when we were booking, the Grida won in the end as we liked the idea of the village style and it seemed a greener area. But if you fancy trying another Paloma I would definitely recommend the Renaissance, check out my review and photos.

I'll definitely have to be careful with those drinks....I like to remember my holidays!

Em

17. Re: Paloma Grida

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 19, 2014